S.O.S sign causing crashes?

Hello!

I wasn't sure whether to put this in the "you tube" video category, here in streaming, or a bug report, but I'll start here.

I've been streaming on Twitch for a few months now and the game I stream the most is The Long Dark.

Here is one of my most ridiculous Twitch highlights. A viewer made a suggestions and to his surprise I took it very seriously.

This is basically a video of a "HELP" sign that I created with campfires in the snow by the Pleasant Valley Farmhouse.

I tested other materials, but campfires seems to have the farthest draw distance. This sign can actually be seen from atop Signal Hill (where the radio tower is). Other materials such as logs and hides disappear after your character is about 20 feet away from them. I explain how I made the sign in the video.

Beware, I swear like a pirate.

A consequence of this massive sign containing about 200 campfires is that my game has started to crash regularly in Pleasant Valley. I don't think it is a coincidence. My game never crashed in nearly 500 hours of game play before I created this sign and has crashed dozens of times since. Create your own sign at your own risk. I will post a more detailed bug report on these crashes in the appropriate place as well as submit the crash folders.

Edit: I tested watching the video from this post and you may have to double click on the video repeatedly to get it to work.

[bBvideo 560,340:b6ze3012]http://www.twitch.tv/thresholdseven/c/6982999[/bBvideo]

Archived