Will The Long dark work in a Windows tablet?

Loboloco

I don't know anything at all about the Windows tablets, I'm afraid. I'll see if I can get some information for you.

In the meantime, I'm going to move your post to our System Compatibility forum. Seems like it might be a better fit there, and you might get an answer from someone that's already had experience with this.

If the tablet is powerful enough and you can connect a keyboard and mouse, you should be able to play TLD. I might give that a try with my windows tablet but I suspect it's not powerful enough.

But being able to play it with only a touchscreen would mean designing and implementing touchscreen support. Aside from the time that would require, I don't think it's possible to translate all the current controls to a touch interface. There are simply to many of them. You would get a screen with all sorts of buttons to tap for different functions and that would be exactly the opposite of Hinterlands vision of a clean interface (as little visible elements as possible while in the main screen). So I don't think it's very likely this will ever be possible.

Archived