Alone in the wild (Ed Wardle)

Has anyone seen this show from 2009? I just finished watching it and found it quite different from everything I've seen so far. It's about a guy who sets out to spend 3 months completely alone in the Yukon area, filming himself while trying to survive.

He's not a Les Stroud type of bushcrafter and enters the adventure quite prepared, with a canoe, modern hammock, rifle, fishing rod, even a bear fence and means to start a fire. There's some bushcraft involved but he does not explain much about it, what he does describe alot though is his mental state of mind. The first weeks he was doing quite fine when he could live off his supplies and the occasional fish or porcupine. But when he couldn't find more food he began to fall apart mentally day by day.

To me it was fascinating to see what happens to a guy that could be me, someone who dreams about living in the wild, and the challenges he faces. He prepped himself as good as he could - he got teached by bear- and wildplant experts and even spoke to a psychologist - but in the end it was him vs himself and nature.

Everyone who dreams about doing something similar should really watch this show. It's available on youtube and has only two 20sec commercial breaks:

[bBvideo 560,340:1ad9zk19]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPbz5TDy6fs[/bBvideo]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived