Pull that chair up to the fire, sit down, relax

TremorH

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking this exact thing the minute I heard about being able to decorate with inventory items. Does not seem too much of a stretch to apply the same mechanics implemented to move around inventory items to static objects like furniture and/or containers. Throw in some kind of exertion mechanic that burns calories & makes you tired to balance it out. And I suppose as much as I would love to be able to move that workbench from Hibernia Processing to the Lonely Lighthouse... objects would have to be in the same cell to be moved around.

Ohh yeah +1 to the resting idea! :]

• 4 weeks later...

They never let us know of any implementation until they actually release the update, so I don't think they will make any exception for this "minor" addition to the game. Most likely, they probably won't add it to the game. Of course; I could be wrong, but it seems that most things in the alpha wish-list don't get added anyway.

• 6 months later...

+1 as well.

I do wish we could sit on chairs in cabins and other sheltered areas. The couches in some cabins look so inviting for that nap. Also when a nice warm fire is burning in the house/cabin hearth dont you just want to sit in a chair and eat or read a book ( a short story or even perk skill book) or play cards while the storm rages outside?

Or in the kitchen to sit at the table and eat a plate of food while sipping your coffee or Grape soda? Maybe even a rocking chair on a porch outside when the weather is not so bad and rest and watch the night sky or sunset with your lantern lit next to you? 

Sitting and usable seats i think would be a positive element to the game and create bonus's too so i am all up for this idea.

• 2 weeks later...

I will never stop plugging this. One of the most immersive things I think is missing right now is the ability to use the furniture for its intended purpose. I want to drop my backpack and plop heavily into that armchair with a deep sigh of relief at how nice it feels to take a load off. Let me just sit and relax passively, and still look around with the camera in addition to the Pass Time and Break Down options. :love:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Dirmagnos said:

Sleeping in chairs is one of the worse ways of resting. Both physically and mentally. Body cant properly relax, movement is restrained, blood flow is uneven, lack of movement causes blood pooling, mind cant properly reboot because body is not properly turned off, etc etc etc

A cat nap in my favorite chair leaves me feeling very refreshed and relaxed. There are also Monks in Tibet that sleep upright and their minds are presumable quite finely tuned. 

I'd be more specific and say sleeping in a chair for extended periods is not as comfortable as lying because your body loosens up during REM and you slouch or your head flops. It is better than no sleep at all though. Plus it has the potential to add depth to the gameplay. Deciding between a night in a snow shelter burning wood or inside in a chair with poor rest could make for interesting choices. 

Archived