Selecting arrow

n00bas

Hello,

When you are using the bow with multiple arrows, it automatically uses the one with the lowest condition (if I'm right). Is there a way to manually select a different arrow? I don't always want to use the arrow with the lowest condition if I'm afraid it will break. Right now I have to drop/store the arrow, which is not very efficient.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

n00bas

Maybe Devs can add a RB / LB (no idea of keyboard shortcuts equivalent) when you pull out the bow to cycle through available arrows (and this will be in top right corner similar with Ammo displayed for rifle).

Do I win a cookie? Bethany? Pretty please? ^_^

Does the condition of the arrow affect its performance? The way I hunt with bow, I get very close so one arrow seems to work just as well as another. An arrow might break after striking the wolf (I've never had it happen) but you can still harvest the point and feathers from the broken arrow. I've found broken arrows such as near the corpse at Carter Dam as you exit the generator room.

No, no way around this mechanic other than what you've suggested. You can harvest a low condition arrow if you like.

Yes, harvesting a low condition arrow is what I do (currently low on crow feathers). Unfortunately it takes 5 minutes, which means a chance to get mauled by a wolf if I'm in the middle of the woods.

As I find out the game always use the item witch are in the best condition. No matter if you foraging, harvesting, etc. And I think it's pretty bad! I want to be able to choose without dropping items.

That's not really true is it? I mean you can select the axe when foraging wood and the knife when harvesting food. I assume that you can pick between the axes if you have more than one (I don't know I always have one on me max). And as arrows concerned, it uses the lowest condition, not the highest.

Maybe Devs can add a RB / LB (no idea of keyboard shortcuts equivalent) when you pull out the bow to cycle through available arrows (and this will be in top right corner similar with Ammo displayed for rifle).

Do I win a cookie? Bethany? Pretty please? ^_^

Good idea. Only problem is that you run with LB I believe. I tried using a controller but I have (more) lag when I do so I still have to check out why (maybe make a post ).

Does the condition of the arrow affect its performance? The way I hunt with bow, I get very close so one arrow seems to work just as well as another. An arrow might break after striking the wolf (I've never had it happen) but you can still harvest the point and feathers from the broken arrow. I've found broken arrows such as near the corpse at Carter Dam as you exit the generator room.

I don't really think the condition of the arrow affects performance (maybe bow condition but probably not arrow). The arrow has a higher chance of breaking with a lower condition but the reason I want to harvest it before breaking is because you lose one feather if it breaks (I have enough birch ).

As I find out the game always use the item witch are in the best condition. No matter if you foraging, harvesting, etc. And I think it's pretty bad! I want to be able to choose without dropping items.

That's not really true is it? I mean you can select the axe when foraging wood and the knife when harvesting food. I assume that you can pick between the axes if you have more than one (I don't know I always have one on me max). And as arrows concerned, it uses the lowest condition, not the highest.

You're right, you can choose between the axes and knives. What I meant was that the game offers the one with the best condition, at first. And by dropping, I meant for the arrows. :oops:

In my experience my bow always used the arrow which had the highest condition. And I can't change between arrows, only if I drop them. I have to check that out now. It's possible that I'm wrong! I only used the bow few times, I don't have much experience with it. This is my first play since v192 and it became a long run, so I only use something if necessary.

And as arrows concerned, it uses the lowest condition, not the highest.

I tried it out, and I can confirm that the bow uses the highest condition arrow.

That is weird, mine always uses the one I just shot and picked up. It probably doesn't select the arrow based on condition, but based on the time it has been in the inventory (shortest). I will try this out and see. I know that with dropping decoys it uses the item with the highest scent factor that is the longest in the inventory. Well spotted!

most menu / weapon selection in games you can do with your middle mouse scrolling button / PC. That would be good.

As for controllers not used them as much so I guess it would be a hot button or other left right button to scroll.

It probably doesn't select the arrow based on condition, but based on the time it has been in the inventory (shortest). I will try this out and see.

Thanks for sharing your experience! Perhaps I would never thought about it. I will try this out, as well! :)

Archived