Bleeding

DrMembrane

Dear Community,

Two questions about injuries. if I've wounded a wolf to the point where it will run away, will it bleed to death, if so, is this an always or soemtimes thing?

Secondly, there appear to be far, far more wolves than bandages, so is there a way to craft them, so far I haven't figured it out.

Dear Community,

Two questions about injuries. if I've wounded a wolf to the point where it will run away, will it bleed to death, if so, is this an always or soemtimes thing?

Currently the wolves usually will bleed out - although it's always possible a future update could possibly make it more of a "sometimes" thing if the devs decide not to make all battles fatal for them.

Secondly, there appear to be far, far more wolves than bandages, so is there a way to craft them, so far I haven't figured it out.

Look at some of the options for your cloth... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

99% of the time a wolf will bleed out if you shoot it or hit it with a knife/hatchet/crowbar in my experience. The only time I've injured a wolf or deer and it didn't bleed out is when I get a glancing blow with an arrow. The arrow hits the target but does not stick in. Sometimes it will bleed out, sometimes it won't.

There is also a tricky way to make a wolf drop dead at your feet when attacking it with a knife.

Normally, a player will hit it with three full strength bars. This will bring the wolf's health into the "flee" zome of it's health bar, which can be seen at the top of the screen during an attack. The wold will then...flee.

If you attack twice at full power and then attack just the right amount with the third hit, the wolf's heath will not be in the flee zone and he will continue attacking you allowing you the chance to get one final hit in at full strength. If all is done precisely, the forth hit will kill the wolf and he will drop at your feet dead. It is not easy to do, but I've done it a few times. One of these days I'll get better at it and remember to make a video highlight.

Archived