Fluffy on Voyageur

Random Fires

Fluffy only lives in the dam... all the other wolves are just friends, family, distant relatives, coworkers, and Fluffy's Twitter followers.

So, while Fluffy won't respawn, there's nothing to say another wolf may or may not get in the dam the same way, or through a broken window... The dam may be safe (for now), or it may become inhabited. When you feel safest is when the devs get that devilish glint in their eyes and change things up a little to keep you wondering :twisted:

So, while Fluffy won't respawn, there's nothing to say another wolf may or may not get in the dam the same way, or through a broken window... The dam may be safe (for now), or it may become inhabited. When you feel safest is when the devs get that devilish glint in their eyes and change things up a little to keep you wondering :twisted:

1. Indoors, warm and no wind, so harvesting animals inside is "cheap".
  2. No other wildlife to inconvenience you.
  3. Quiet, so you always know if it's there, what it's doing and where it is.
  4. Nowhere to run after it's injured.
  5. Lichen spawn usually nearby and cloth for bandages is a non-issue. Also, not one but two workbenches.
  6. Fire barrel.
  7. Endless storage.

Which is why Fluffy, and whatever else wildlife the devs might try to sneak in the dam are just free kills.

You can play ML aggressively and keep Fluffy alive as dumb meat in the bank.

Unless I have missed something and there is a bed in the dam somewhere it is not a viable option for a long term base

Your bedroll will quickly degrade sleeping in the dam or elsewhere for that matter

Check its conditions before and after its use

• 3 weeks later...

A sleeping bag can be used as a permanent bed in the dam. even when it's condition reaches 0% you can continue to sleep in it to gain condition, but be careful as it has 0 warmth bonus and if you accidentally pick it up you can't put it back down.

I'm not sure about voyageur, but on Stalker difficulty Fluffy does indeed respawn, although very infrequently.

I am on a 1000+ day run and Fluffy respawned for me around day 1000. Here is video proof. Not sure if it's a bug or if Fluffy is supposed to respawn at 1000 days, but he did at least this one time.

[bBvideo 560,340:1vjnathi]

[/bBvideo]

You can see after I initially fight off fluffy that I hit Tab and my day count is 1051. I assure you I did not go 1051 days before attacking him. He was one of the first wolves, if not the first, that I killed at about day 26 when I finished the "pacifist" achievement on this run. I am currently still on this run and am hoping he respawns at day 2000...if I make it that far 8[

Archived