Survival Journal

revisedreality

I assumed my Ultimate Nerd Form tonight and made an album of my experience with The Long Dark so far. I wasn't planning on doing this when I nabbed these screen caps, so it was interesting running back through and creating a story. If I do this again, it'll be fun to get some new caps aimed at a project like this. I also didn't know about the alternative screen capture options, so I was spamming my F12 key for Steam screen caps like a crazy person. This resulted in me having to run through and remove my game stats from my caps in Photoshop, so I figured I'd drop in the game logo while I was at it -- And speaking of that, I'd really like for some of the logos to switch sides on their respective images, but I'm afraid they are what they are...I didn't save any of them as PSDs because I'm a digital renegade, apparently.

Anyway, I hope you guys (whoever you may be) enjoy this! I had a great time creating this album and writing the captions, and an even better time playing the game. Thanks to everyone at Hinterland for working so hard on this game and for being so interactive and responsive to your backers and fans. I guess this is sort of my first "thank you" letter to you guys.

http://imgur.com/a/uT7ov

Awesome work!!! You have done a great job recording what we have all been experiencing in our game play. I'd say Nerd it up... you are who you are and you like what you like! Good work is good work and you have definitely put some well appreciated effort in creating something awesome.

Guest Alan Lawrance

Really enjoyed this too -- thank you very much for sharing!

One tip on screenshots -- pressing F10 will save a high-res screenshot to the desktop without any HUD elements.

I posted these in another thread, but I thought I'd share some more screenshots I took...Maybe I'll use them in another journal later...? The F10 function freezes me up and slows me down quite a bit, but the results are much nicer (and require no Photoshopping). There are over 30 images, so I'm sharing a link to another album. In case you can't tell, I'm enjoying playing with the lantern :)

http://imgur.com/a/eAYPi

Archived