SURPRISE!!!

EatenByWolves

On day 68 and some hours of stalker, I had established a massive lead, so I had been using my time to explore. this being said, I had been out on the land for a few days across Pleasant Valley in search of the elusive maple sapling, I had approximately 15 arrows, 29 bullets, 2 rifles (how i don't even know) about 50kg of stockpiled meats and every piece of gear except the deerskin pants along with 8 various cured hides and a healthy 32 cloth and 19 scrap metal (this was all located at the farm house). it started to get foggy, so I figured I would just find a nice spot and plop down my sleeping back and rest for an hour until it clears. I was at 100% condition, and when I awoke, I was being mauled by a bear and died on the spot, I didn't even get a chance to react, as some bears leave you at 10% condition, this one outright destroyed me.

Moral of the story.... don't take 1 hour naps outside to wait for weather... and if you need to... be sure to scout the surrounds area extensively.

oh well, that is why this game always keeps you on your toes, get complacent and it'll eat your face :)

at least it wasn't a wolf that killed me this time

Funny, just a moment ago I made the conscious decision to take a 1 hour nap outside with my bearskin bedroll to save the game. Luckily nothing bad happened when I awoke, although I did hear a wolf howl. I was hoping the smell of the bearskin would keep them away.

Archived