Longest Non-Hibernate Playthrough?

foam

Any stories? Any bragging?

Currently I am at 122 days and should hit 200 pretty easily (medium difficulty), having explored all three maps pretty thoroughly, collected just about everything, and am currently bunkered down at the Farmstead in Pleasant Valley. It is no exaggeration to say that I've explored every nook and cranny and have collected everything at the Farmstead.

Fully geared.

40kg of cooked meat left.

20kg water (the more important stat is 2398230974 matches, 29308232 starters, and 100kg of wood).

Untold processed food left. I tried to use a little of this as possible. It amounts to 30kg. We're talking everything here, dog food, MREs, soda, condensed milk, etc.

48 bullets left. 3 rifles.

2 bows and 4 arrows. Need to go check corpses as feathers are my limiting factor now as I have tons of scrap metal and something like 30 birch.

40 scrap metal + tons of items I haven't harvested yet. Looks like 80 total scrap metal, give or take.

12kg fuel.

50 cloth + 20kg of unharvested clothes.

Tons of leather, guts, fur, etc.

Magnifying glass and 2 firestrikers and, of course, a ton of matches.

Something like 5 hatchets, 6 knives, 6 lanterns, 4 prybars, etc., etc.

And... I'm sure there's stuff I'm forgetting. I took thorough notes and maps on this play-through and am pretty sure I've got everything I can get on all three maps at the Farmstead. And spent a lot of time min-maxing and so on.

Haven't hibernated at all.

So I should probably make... 200? 250? days. That's my best guess so far. Maybe 300?

If you search all your maps very thoroughly, your ressources are usually sufficient to last much more than 300 days. :)

Especially your 80 pieces of scrap metal sound very promising for a really long run.

I'd give you 1000 days at least - if you're good at hand-fighting wolves, have enough antiseptic and use your arrows&bullets mainly to shoot bears, that is.

(Nowadays you can solely live on bears, which are total "calorie bombs" - they have a much better kg meat/bullet ratio than the wolf-deer combos I had to rely on for my own run. A bear-based diet should more than even up my higher amount of ammunition, I guess.^^)

Really need to finish the survival story about my own run.^^

(Made it to day 777 without hibernating and finally died because I ran out of antiseptic/Old man's beard lichen bandages. ^^)

• 2 weeks later...

I am brand-new to TLD and admit I don't know a whole ton about the intricacies of the game, so this might be a dumb question.

Anyway.

The three maps: do you unlock the other two as you explore? I sometimes have trouble figuring out where I am and what I discovered because I'm so used to being provided a map for these kinds of games.

The three maps: do you unlock the other two as you explore? I sometimes have trouble figuring out where I am and what I discovered because I'm so used to being provided a map for these kinds of games.

Yes, discover the routes to the other locations by exploring and finding the transition maps [passages] which join the maps together. Once you've figured out how to cross them (they're like small maps themselves) and reach the next main map [currently either Coastal Highway and Pleasant Valley] then those new areas are unlocked so you can select them for any new game.

There are different transitions so you can actually travel between each map using different travel ways. ;)

I am brand-new to TLD and admit I don't know a whole ton about the intricacies of the game, so this might be a dumb question.

Anyway.

yeah had the same question in another post -apparently the other 2 maps in sandbox get unlocked as you explore (find) that area of the map. I'm yet to do that in build 2.43. still a noob mapping out the main cabin /lakes/fishing cabin areas. ran out of food again damm. caught 4 fish though :)

yeah had the same question in another post -apparently the other 2 maps in sandbox get unlocked as you explore (find) that area of the map. I'm yet to do that in build 2.43. still a noob mapping out the main cabin /lakes/fishing cabin areas. ran out of food again damm. caught 4 fish though :)

A little help if you really get stuck searching for the first passage that had been added to the 2nd map...

[spoil]Try following the tracks all the way from one end to the very end of the other... one direction might lead somewhere ;)[/spoil]

Archived