Finding secret locations inside

exeexe

15 minutes ago, Drazon said:

Now the idea of a "It would be cool to find a loose floorboard where some bootlegger stashed a few mason jars or a prepper hid a small cache of provisions. The devs just need to add an audible "creak" or "groan" of a floorboard. The player then looks around for the loose nail and prys open the cache." is nice, but this would lead to that once you have found one of these, you'd (or atleast I would) obsessionally stomp every freaking floor board of every house in the game. And it would not be a fun thing, but something that you just couldn't stop because of "what if".

Perhaps a random house could have that hidden trap door under a carpet, with some minor amount of food in it... And you could spot this by the same sound mechanism.

I like that. +1

Bootleggers would probably keep their moonshine in the shed, or basement, not under floorboards. Its not prohibition. Not to mention that homemade booze wouldnt fare 2 well in conditions present under floorboards.

And only reason for prepper to stash food under floorboards is if he wannts a rodent or insect infestation. Metal containers would rust and packaged stuff would be eaten thru.

What I saw in that video was a forgotten root cellar. These were common in homes prior to refrigeration. Garden produce (peaches, tomatoes, beets, etc) were canned in glass jars and stored on the shelves. These jars were designed to keep food sealed under exactly the conditions found in this type of cellar. These cellars had dirt floors, so moisture seldom progressed to outright dampness, unless the house was poorly located. Other produce such as apples, potatoes and so on were kept in barrels and were meant to last through the winter. Each spring the cellar would be close to empty, every fall it would be overflowing with summer's bounty. 

Some of those canned/jarred stuff still looked good after all those years forgotten under the floorboards!

On 5/21/2015 at 3:17 PM, octavian said:

I'd like to see how people would hide things without having secret locations in their house. Better yet, how they hide things outside their house, thinking that their house would be the first place others would look. How about if in addition to the bunker there would be a magical stash somewhere? Ten, fifteen, twenty cans. Painted white. In the snow. Somewhere. On inspection they would say something like, "A can. Painted white." And you wouldn't know what food is in them or their condition. What do you think? If the question of "how are they still there/not completely covered with all that bad weather and snowfall" would be a too much of an issue I'm sure some ingenious way to solve or avoid it could be found.

Don't have to be painted white. They would be covered by snow. Eventually the snow will melt off them (like a really fast condition depletion but not) and they will "become" then "original can",\.

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 6:36 PM, Drazon said:

Now the idea of a "It would be cool to find a loose floorboard where some bootlegger stashed a few mason jars or a prepper hid a small cache of provisions. The devs just need to add an audible "creak" or "groan" of a floorboard. The player then looks around for the loose nail and prys open the cache." is nice, but this would lead to that once you have found one of these, you'd (or atleast I would) obsessionally stomp every freaking floor board of every house in the game. And it would not be a fun thing, but something that you just couldn't stop because of "what if".

Perhaps a random house could have that hidden trap door under a carpet, with some minor amount of food in it... And you could spot this by the same sound mechanism.

Maybe this is already in the game, and we just could not find yet... :)

52 minutes ago, romerabr said:

Maybe this is already in the game, and we just could not find yet... :)

Closest I came to this was realizing that sometimes the burnt out houses... are not quite as burnt out as they appear :)

I'll leave it to you to figure out what I mean :D

Just quick question why everybody locked their lockers but not their doors?

For example the water dam has quite masive doors so why arent doors locked?

Or some lone cabin in woods who would leave their house unlocked? Make it like you need prybar to pry open doors or you have to break trought window or something.

8 hours ago, FatheriatorCZ said:

Just quick question why everybody locked their lockers but not their doors?

For example the water dam has quite masive doors so why arent doors locked?

Or some lone cabin in woods who would leave their house unlocked? Make it like you need prybar to pry open doors or you have to break trought window or something.

Oh, some doors in the dam definitely lock ;)

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 1:54 AM, cekivi said:

Closest I came to this was realizing that sometimes the burnt out houses... are not quite as burnt out as they appear :)

I'll leave it to you to figure out what I mean :D

Some place that "crumbles"?

Archived