The Witcher 3

I can hardly wait to play Witcher 3 as well! It's one of those "every few years" games that I'd buy a new PC for to maximise all settings, much like Skyrim was back in 2011.

To pass the waiting time, I'm currently reading Sapowski's books. Just to refresh my memory and get used to the world and its people again.

Yea I read the books not to long ago, well the ones I could, the last 2 or 3 aren't in english yet so I was kinda hooped on that. I guess I could read the fan translations, but I liked the translations that were done so far.

Just built a new computer couple weeks ago just for this game.

Jeremy

Yea I read the books not to long ago, well the ones I could, the last 2 or 3 aren't in english yet so I was kinda hooped on that. I guess I could read the fan translations, but I liked the translations that were done so far.

I'm currently reading The Swallow's Tower & The Lady of the Lake in German, the first German translation of these was published in 2011. To be precise, I'm actually reading a reprint edition from 2014. They summed up all those witcher-related short stories/novels that happen prior to the actual Geralt saga in three books (The Last Wish, The Sword of Destiny, Season of Storms), it's very convenient to read everything in the right chronological order now. :)

Really strange that they haven't translated everything into English yet, I'll cross my fingers for you that they'll get that done soon. (Plus, Sapowski deserves as many readers/buyers as possible. ;) )

Bad News Jeremy... the Witcher liked how playful the wolves are in The Long Dark, and realized every game should include a lot more wolves for players to frolic and play with. Unfortunately Hinterland contracted most of the main union wolves, and so there's a shortage for other games unless they get double booked. :shock:

So the Witcher is trying to decide whether to hold off on the release until later this year instead of this week, or whether they will sadly have to release their game without bonus TLD Wolves :(

I have it per-loaded and ready to go.. :D

Hehe, me too. I finished reading all the books just in time and can't wait until Tuesday now... :)

@Jeremy: I can warmly recommend you the last two books. Sapkowski's way to tell the story in "The Lady of the Lake" is really awesome, it so to say reflects the main plot. [spoil]Like Ciri he's jumping through time and space using various frame stories in different times and worlds.[/spoil] Nice piece of work, reminds me a tiny bit of David Mitchell's "Cloud Atlas".

@Bill: No problem as TLD only booked the black wolves. The Witcher 3 guys just fell back on all white, brown and grey wolves out there. :D

The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_These_animals_can_rip_you_apart_in_seconds_if_youre_not_careful.png

The-Witcher-3-Screenshot-Wolves.jpg

Wolves for everyone! :lol:

I have it per-loaded and ready to go.. :D

Hehe, me too. I finished reading all the books just in time and can't wait until Tuesday now... :)

@Jeremy: I can warmly recommend you the last two books. Sapkowski's way to tell the story in "The Lady of the Lake" is really awesome, it so to say reflects the main plot. [spoil]Like Ciri he's jumping through time and space using various frame stories in different times and worlds.[/spoil] Nice piece of work, reminds me a tiny bit of David Mitchell's "Cloud Atlas".

I should just learn Polish and read the books in the native language. :P

[spoil]Time Travelling Ciri is best Ciri. :P[/spoil]

Jeremy

How do you like the game so far?

I'm totally delighted with all those countless Easter eggs like e.g. the "letter from A." (Quest: Message from an old friend) in Novigrad, the disease called Catriona or the book "My evening with a vampire" about Regis! :D

I can't stop playing it. It's so good, I should spend more time reading the massive amount of books and letters I picked up, grazed over a few. I've been to busy murdering monsters, it's so satisfying. There is barely anything I don't like about it, and the things I don't like are super minor and I got over it quick enough.

I miss Regis :(

Jeremy

• 1 year later...

Archived