Can't start the game

nibelungster

Hi,

I cant start Long Dark last two or three days. Window "Strating Lhe Long Dark" is opened but nothing happens after that.

Current version is 582096. Also I tried to check cache verification it doesnt work also.

Coul you please advice what the problem is ?

Thanks.

I cant start Long Dark last two or three days. Window "Strating Lhe Long Dark" is opened but nothing happens after that. Current version is 582096. Also I tried to check cache verification it doesnt work also.

First step, verify your files... Go to your Steam account >> The Long Dark >> Properties >> Verify Integrity Of Game Cache

Which game version are you playing (I'm assuming v.218 or earlier since the build doesn't match the newest Unity 5 test run version).

You should also attach your output log so the devs can take a look to see what might be interfering with the game starting up. Info to find your output debug files here: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=504

I cant start Long Dark last two or three days. Window "Strating Lhe Long Dark" is opened but nothing happens after that. Current version is 582096. Also I tried to check cache verification it doesnt work also.

First step, verify your files... Go to your Steam account >> The Long Dark >> Properties >> Verify Integrity Of Game Cache

Which game version are you playing (I'm assuming v.218 or earlier since the build doesn't match the newest Unity 5 test run version).

You should also attach your output log so the devs can take a look to see what might be interfering with the game starting up. Info to find your output debug files here: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=504

Verify Integrity Of Game Cache - doesn't work. Always shows 0% completed.

Log file doesn't exist in mentioned folder.

Verify Integrity Of Game Cache - doesn't work. Always shows 0% completed.

Log file doesn't exist in mentioned folder.

Sounds like there may be an issue with Steam if it can't verify the cache, and if the log files don't exist then doesn't sound like you may not have the game fully installed in your Steam account

With Windows 7 and 8 there is an issue were vcredist will not install correctly sometimes due to UAC being active. You have to manually install it if that's the case. While I have not experienced it with TLD I have with some other games before I found out the cause and installed the different versions of VC. This game uses the 2010 version..

You should go into the base directory and delete the TheLongDark folder and then download the game again and try it one more time. Steam/SteamApps/common/

If that doesn't do it then install VC on its own and then try it. You can find it in Steam/SteamApps/common/TheLongDark/CommonRedist or you can download it from Microsoft Download..

Archived