What factors affect fatigue/warmth/hunger/thirst?

I've put about 30 hours in to the game so far, and I was wondering what things affect the 4 main stats beyond the obvious - i.e. eat food for hunger, drink for thirst, etc.

My main ponderings are:

Does weight affect fatigue - e.g. carrying 25kg vs 15kg, or is it only when encumbered?

Does weight affect the rate calories are burned?

Does warmth affect the rate calories are burned, or fatigue (i.e. will getting going out in a blizzard affect calories/fatigue)?

Does weight affect fatigue - e.g. carrying 25kg vs 15kg, or is it only when encumbered?

Yes, but not much. Being encumbered has a much larger effect.

Does weight affect the rate calories are burned?

Don't know this one.

Does warmth affect the rate calories are burned, or fatigue (i.e. will getting going out in a blizzard affect calories/fatigue)?

Yes, you burn more calories when it is cold. Like weight, being cold/ freezing has a bigger impact.

OK, I had a look in to this, and it seems that:

More calories are burned seemingly only when freezing, just being cold doesn't seem to make a difference.

More calories are burned by weight, and not just encumbered, 20kg burns more than 10kg.

Weirdly, and let me know if you guys find the same thing, but weight seems to only affect my fatigue when RUNNING. I loaded myself up with 35kg of stuff and walked around for a while, it didn't seem to fatigue me quicker than 25kg, however it did if I started running!

Archived