How to get killed by a bear

Kaisentlaia

So this is the story of my 194 days run, sadly ended just before v.200 update.

I was living in PV, all happy and cozy in the farmhouse. My meat stock was running low tho, so since I saw a bear a few days before near the radio station I decided to go and try to get it. Delicious bear meat, and the last pelt to craft a bedroll! Awesome.

I had crafted some old man's beard bandages and I was fully stocked. I successfully hunted bears before without getting hurt, so I was pretty confident. I set off in the morning, climbed to the pensive pond, took the path leading to the radio station, crossed the bridge in front of cascading falls and headed to the place I last saw the bear. I was walking on the side of some big rocks near the bridge when suddenly I heard a loud noise. Like paws... paws? I didn't even have the time to turn my head, the bear was already on me thrashing and mauling. It left me at the usual 10% condition and bleeding, so I opened the first aid interface to patch up and... where the hell are my bandages? Did I forget them at home? Cue a chain of loudly spoken words not suitable for a lady. I'm in panic now, my condition is going down fast, so I start to run towards the farmhouse but I realize soon that I won't make it. Then I remember... I can harvest clothes! I start harvesting something I was wearing to get some bandages, but my condition was too low and I faded into the long dark.

Lesson learned: bears roam around a lot, don't assume they will be in the same place you saw them the first time. And make sure to always have bandages with you!

Archived