The world is cruel and full of lies

Simulacra

On the sixth day, about to get the Beneath a Starry Sky achievement. Things are going great; I've just survived two days on the move gathering supplies and I head to pensive pond for another camp out in the fishing hut. Get a fire going, I'm warm, watered and well fed- with plenty of fuel to spare.

I wake in the middle of the night to drink a bit and hear a weird clunking noise. I don't think I've heard it before in-game but I have a hunch it could be a deer running into the side of the hut... So I head nip out thinking I'll get to restock on meat, right next to my fireplace!

Alas, about 10 feet away, there is a set of glowing green eyes.

I run back into the hut. There is no time to take out the rife. It was a quick scramble...

I lost.

Farewell rife, farewell ammunition stock, farewell hatchet, hunting knife, 7 sewing kits and 4 jars of peanut butter. You will be missed.

Good story, I like it! Since your day 6 took place in PV, may I presume you started there? Where did you find the knife & hatchet? I started my current run in PV, but had to transfer to CH, because I could find neither knife nor hatchet.

Hotzn- If I remember correctly, the hatchet was at the Pleasant Valley outbuidings, stuck in the wall to the left of the entrance of the green structure. The knife was to the left of the oven in the fishing hut at Pensive Pond.

edit: the new version made the radio station a lot bigger too- It's really worth checking out.

ryan- :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My 197 day run just came to an end because I slept for 5 hours next to a roaring fire in a barn and faded into the long dark for reasons unknown to me....

the world is cruel and full of lies. Going to have to take a break because I'm absolutely fuming. Had loads of bullets & supplies having brought them all over to pleasant valley after having fully looted the other 2 maps.

I can only assume that the wind blew out the fire in my fire barrel and I froze to death because I honestly don't know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The footstep sounds you heard remind me of a similar occasion when I was at Misanthrope's and heard what I thought to be a deer or two VERY nearby. I went to investigate and found myself slipping on the cliff, peeking over it to see.... a bear. Walking straight at me, roaring. I quickly throw myself flat against the rocks hoping the bear hasn't seen me, but the heavy footsteps keep on coming closer, as do the roars. I think to myself, surely it can't reach me, it's a really awkward place I'm in and in the past I've witnessed some weird pathing on and around the rocky cliffs.

Wrong. The bear is suddenly behind me, and I get mauled. Note to self: footsteps are never a good thing. EVER.

Archived