Good ol' Warhammer 40k Space Marine and the Devs.

MrMango

Hey guys,

just today I read an article that came out 2 years ago about one of my favorite games, genres and universes of all time. Warhammer 40.000 Space Marine. I love this game to bits, it has its problems but man, we'll probably never get so close to a proper Space Marine adaption every again.

In the article Raphael van Lierop talked about the future for the protagonist, Captain Titus. (Mister van Lierop is said to be part of Hinterland in the article.) It broke my heart to read about what could've been a real series. :'(

There is no universe I know more about than the Warhammer 40k universe and I was so happy how well it was executed.

Overall, to all the people that are now at Hinterland and took part in Space Marine - thank you so much for creating one of my favorite games of all time. It would have been amazing to experience the sequels, especially considering what you were planning for, but it was not ment to be. So again, thank you so much.

H, it has its problems but man, we'll probably never get so close to a proper Space Marine adaption every again.

not so....

http://spacehulk-deathwing.com/

But i fully agree that SPacemarine defintley filled a void for 40K games. (RTS aside...)

I would LOVE an FPS or something that follows the Astartes or Imperial gaurd, in a way that you could experience that truly epic sized battles with titans in the distance levelling a citadel or something similiar.

Dreams are free

Well, I have high hopes for Deathwing, my biggest issue is that it's being developed by Cyanide who have a lot of experience with Boardgames but haven't really nailed anything down just yet. (Styx was probably their best game so far. Blood Bowl was not so great.)

I would LOVE an FPS or something that follows the Astartes or Imperial gaurd, in a way that you could experience that truly epic sized battles with titans in the distance levelling a citadel or something similiar.

Dreams are free

There might be something like that, https://www.eternalcrusade.com/

But if I've learned 1 thing from 40k games, it's better to be careful with them since they tend to be hit-or-miss

Archived