Location wish list

toebar

I like the Shipyard ideas +1 :)

A proper abandoned highway (3-4-5 lanes each side) perhaps some of it raised, maybe could even go through a tunnel on or off of that map. Add abandoned cars, trucks, lorrys etc. It wouldn't look out of place if it were off of, is it called The Long Curve, that is at the end of Pleasant Valley (or maybe after a few roady transitions etc). Add maybe a police checkpoint or toll's etc I think that could look and play quite cool.

Additional note. It would be brilliant to see a few massive maps too if it's viable for the system requirements. A coupld of maps that are 4x the size of Mystery Lake or any of the ones we already have would be cool.

(Is it me or am I naughty when I can find Trappers Homestead by sort of hugging the side of the map no matter which direction I come from!!??)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have two locations I would like to see. The first fits into the game easily and the second would be a complete adjustment from current survival style. First I would like to see a shipyard, maybe with a couple of intact ships to survive in and lots of fishing locations. The second location would be change of scenery maybe travel south into the great forests of south Canada and northern us. If they want another extreme then develop a desert scenario where finding water and avoiding heat is the goal.

Rumour has it that different seasons may be developed as separate games--- I think your second suggestion would be better served this way :)

I've seen a few really good ideas for locations that the game could incorporate, so I thought I'd start a bit of a list to make things simpler, and maybe this will drive even more ideas. Add yours below I'll update the list--I'll include even the one's I don't prefer :)

edit: keep in mind that a lot of these really depend on where the devs are placing the game. Low population-density areas (as so far depicted) may not have certain amenities-- infrastructure that is (at least) plausible in remote locations is key. Then again-- story mode could go a long way in explaining seemingly out of place locations :D

No particular order

Man made

1. Nuclear power plant ;)

2. Sawmill

3.[glow=green]Mine/ Abandoned mine (with excellent layout provided! )[/glow] Added!

Hello there! Let me link my idea:

http://www.hinterlandforums.com/viewtop ... =59&t=7100

Didn't know that you already had a thread started for this, and I hope you like what I have to offer! : 3

4. Mining town

5. Remote airfield/airport

6. Fish hatchery

7. Military complex/outpost

8. Port with fishing vessel, bar and abandoned warehouse (or these could be separate areas)

9. Mink farm

10. Animal shelter

11. Resort (e.g. ski hill/chalet....)

12. Hospital Complex or Mental Institution

13. Jail or Prison Complex; Sheriff's Office

14. Police and/or Fire Department

15. Water Well

16. Crashed Plane or Helicopter ( this has been mentioned before a bunch also; associated Parachute Corpse hanging in a tree)

17. School

18. Rail yard and/or Rail Way Station

19. Junkyard

20. Used Car Lot

21. Lighthouse

22. Boats stuck out on the water (from container ships on down..), maybe stuck at all sorts of angles

23. Wrecked cars, burned out cars

24. Broken bridge

25. Observatory (with open dome :) )

26. Weather station (with working anemometer)

27. Antenna array

28. Electrical substation -- associated with hydro dam

29. Radio telescope installation

30. Amusement park (including icy ferris wheel of death)

31. Partially devastated town (landslide, earthquake, tribbles, etc)

32. Church

33. Shipyard

Natural Type

1. Mountain Pass (traverse area to adjoining map)

2. Hot Spring

3. Bigger mountains

4. Beaver dam/pond/lodge

5. More Thin Ice -

6. Ice Slides - (slidable)

7. Ice Walls - (climbable)

8. Ice Caves (spelunkable)

9. Beach/Rocky shore with surf

10. Huge trees, fallen trees and stumps

11. Tundra - Arctic, or Alpine

12. a few more caves -[spoil](apparently there are 15 in PV already)[/spoil]

13. Canyon

14. Forest fire area

15. Glacier (could include ice-features above)

I just hope we're not going to be flooded with items in a village/town-based map.^^

Apart from that it could really provide a nice variation, especially if NPCs get added as well. Lots of potential situations that require moral decision making come to my mind.

It would also make a lot of sense if animals were quite scarce in an urban area - Yay! :)

I want to find the factory where Stacy makes her sodas ;) and a few other in-game easter eggs like the smoke factory where the jerky is made (yes yes I know stuff can be imported/exported etc!..).

Side note - I reckon alcohol should be in the game (+heat -hydration +calories -condition?)

I also want to be able to drink coffee cold....

Back on topic -

I also want some really deep caves and high mountains we can climb up/down to.

You can drink coffee or tea cold. You don't get the warming bonus but you do get the additional benefits.

I worded that wrong.... I mean I want to be able to make a cold cup of coffee (not have to boil water/have a fire etc).

You can drink coffee or tea cold. You don't get the warming bonus but you do get the additional benefits.

I worded that wrong.... I mean I want to be able to make a cold cup of coffee (not have to boil water/have a fire etc).

Ah. It is kinda hard to steep tea/coffee in cold water. I have made sun tea in Colorado when it was just above freezing and it work out fine. Of course, you don't even need water to consume instant coffee. I use to "dip" it on long shifts (18 hrs +) and I don't condone tobacco. You do what you can to stay alert on an OP.

Deep, thick forest. Limited sight lines, few trails or streams to follow. Basic wilderness. Difficult to cross. Question: why go in? Answer: to find the things on the other side.

Forest fire area could be attached. Or maybe a small fire response base(abandoned) with helipad and nearby watering lake w/dock. No access road. Plenty of flares.

Deep, thick forest. Limited sight lines, few trails or streams to follow. Basic wilderness. Difficult to cross. Question: why go in there? Answer: to find out if anythings on the other side.

Forest fire area could be attached. Or maybe a small fire response base(abandoned) with helipad and nearby watering lake w/dock.

I could just imagine the devs putting in a forest zone that had almost nothing in it. Mountains on three sides and rocky coast on the fourth, the size of two or three current maps. Just a huge expanse of not a damn thing. Maybe a shack here, a bear hollow there and hunter blind on a small rise. Add in a few power lines cutting across the zone and you have an area fit to waste a ton of time in.

Of course, you don't even need water to consume instant coffee. I use to "dip" it on long shifts (18 hrs +)

True, I guess having to boil/make coffee etc before we consume it is so we don't get too much of an easy ride. Side note - I wouldn't mind if the amount of coffee we find gets varied. It's always 5 portions. Not that I don't like 5 portions, but I like 100 better! I would like to find 2 portions here and then say 8 portions another time etc. Yes it's strange but I can be quite thrilled when I find coffee. "Yesss!" is often the phrase !

Deep, thick forest. Limited sight lines, few trails or streams to follow. Basic wilderness. Difficult to cross. Question: why go in there? Answer: to find out if anythings on the other side.

Forest fire area could be attached. Or maybe a small fire response base(abandoned) with helipad and nearby watering lake w/dock.

I could just imagine the devs putting in a forest zone that had almost nothing in it. Mountains on three sides and rocky coast on the fourth, the size of two or three current maps. Just a huge expanse of not a damn thing. Maybe a shack here, a bear hollow there and hunter blind on a small rise. Add in a few power lines cutting across the zone and you have an area fit to waste a ton of time in.

The following might not be out of place on this/these maps either

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ow_Log.jpg

• 1 month later...

I hate to bump this up out of obscurity but with Desolation point out It had me thinking that the road on the other side of The Broken bridge may connect to "The End of Road" in PV, via a canyon road or something, but it also has me thinking that an additional transition zone to some other map could follow the coast via a "Snowy Beach"

Now that my brain has had time to mull it over, a other locations within a region

"Maple Grove/Farm" In game we already have Birch Groves, and birch saplings do grow near those, makes sense. But its near time to see a Maple Grove, or better yet a Maple Syrup farm. But you know what it turns out Birch Syurp also exists, although its more likely to be used to flavor meats and Spirits than to be poured on Pancakes. But you could keep going with the idea of adding maple trees, and have Maple limbs drop, and what would you do with maple logs? stick them in the stove, but you could then use them in a "Smoke House"

Also with the dawn of the furnace maybe we should see a Machine Shop/Farrier Shop

Sorry to burst any bubbles, but maple syrup is not commonly produced on the west coast of Canada. It's traditionally produced from Sugar Maple (Acer saccharum) which grows natively only on the eastern half of North America.. and this is where maple syrup farms traditionally are.

It CAN be made from other maples, and there (recently) is a small industry in BC making syrup from Bigleaf Maple (Acer macrophyllum), which is found only in the southern half of very coastal BC. This technically could fit where the game is placed, so it who knows :)

The maple that I believed to be in game is Douglas Maple (Acer glabrum), which is generally a fairly small shrubby species, but has much greater distribution throughout BC and historically was used for making bows. But, it could well be bigleaf maple, depending on where the developers envision the game. :)

I've had both birch and spruce syrups (and have some in my fridge currently! ;) ).. They are interesting... but I would not enjoy either on pancakes.

Archived