Rabbit Island BAH! The safest place inside!

Alvinius

Okay first I better admit I have little experience at Rabbit Island but but I certainly have been there and understand the concept and I suppose it it a rather easy place to hang out and collect hare, but I think another place is better in this current version. 2.00

Lone Cabin.

I found snaring a real pain at Trappers and snaring at CH a bit to far and it is difficult to come and go as you please. At Lone Cabin you have a nice little bunny hill right out your door. Wolf visits there are very rare if ever. Over the hill on the other side at Unnamed Pond you can often get a nice harvest of free venison. Those wolves are usually very active ther in taking down game. Forestry Lookout is close and a great place to hang out when you get cabin fever. I like to go up there every game and enjoy the views for a few days, you just have to have decent clothing or you can play a fun survival game up there naked and keeping a 24 hour fire. Trappers is easy and safe to get to when you need to craft.

I still like trappers cabin even though it is out of the way.....there is lots of game....I can chase a few deer into the happy mouths of Fluffy, then either scare Fluffy away or kill him for even more meat. I can always run to the unnamed pond from there or over to ML cabin to do some snooping over there.

I am curious though..I have seen people state that they strip down naked before going to sleep. I have never done that the whole time I have been in the game. Is there an advantage to this or is it just to ad to the realism of the game?

Less wear on clothing I think. You do have to be careful of the temps inside if you do strip down to sleep. Some of those cabins are cold and at Forestry Lookout you better have at least 6 degress positive of clothing to be comfortable there and not run 24/7 fire.

You clothes degrade slower if you store them in a container instead of wearing them. But honestly, With the amount of clothing available and the clothes you can craft yourself, there is no reason to do this anymore. At least not every night. If you spend several days inside, you can do this if you want but taking your clothes of every evening and putting them back on every morning is annoying as heck.

This was something people did in the early days when clothes were sometimes just gone before you died. The first person to reach 50 days (the game was a lot harder then) died in part due to the fact all his clothes had degraded. Now people can reach 1000 days with still a pile of clothes and cloth to spare.

@Alvinius The Lone Cabin is indeed a great place to trap. You almost never see a wolf there (happened twice to me, one had chased a deer from the Unnamed Pond and the other had chased a rabbit from over the hills to the clearing) and there are plenty of rabbits very close to the cabin. And if you feel like doing some hunting, the Unnamed Pond is very close and is frequented by some deer and wolves. It's a great place if you like it quite.

I still find JR Island to be the best place to stay in CH for all the reasons stated in this thread:

http://hinterlandforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=3322

What speaks especially against the lone cabin in my book is the stove outside, once a wolf senses you there you are done, you have to fight it. On the island you are pretty safe as long as you only cook on the balcony.

Archived