Some News on the March Update

Raphael van Lierop

• Hinterland

Hello, community!

The team has been hard at work on the next update, which will consist of improvements across many systems as well as new content. The emphasis for this update is on making the world feel more interconnected, and making the decision to travel between regions more significant.

We're also continuing our general UI overhaul, performing further optimizations to Pleasant Valley for improved performance, and tuning various systems. And of course, fixing bugs.

Our updated ETA on the new update is early the week of March 30th. This gives us this week to finalize all the content and tuning changes, and next week to hammer on testing and bug fixing.

If anything changes with this timing, we'll let you know.

Thanks for your patience!

Regards,

Raphael

Hopefully by that time my mainline internet will be back online so I can download the update. It's been disconnected from the internet for a month now due to mice, so I expect my PC is going to crap bricks when connection is restored, with the amount of updates from other game, windows and of course TLD.

i can't wait for it but at the same time i also find the ETA a little disappointing. i was hoping for the update to be released by the end of the winter at the latest. now that spring is coming, it is like 16C and sunny outside, and playing the long dark just wouldn't be the same.

Hopefully by that time my mainline internet will be back online so I can download the update. It's been disconnected from the internet for a month now due to mice, so I expect my PC is going to crap bricks when connection is restored, with the amount of updates from other game, windows and of course TLD.

Ahh thats not good! Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

• Hinterland

Just a quick update on the update on the update.

The team is just doing final testing on the latest update. The build is looking good, and we've confirmed that previous savegames should still function with the new update.

We are currently tracking to release this update on Tuesday, March 31st. We'll update you if anything changes!

Until then, this little teaser of what's to come!

https://www.facebook.com/intothelongdark/photos/a.726204447415571.1073741828.524079480961403/850506201652061/?type=1&theater

Hmmm...they are teasing us with not posting details about update...naughty Hinterland team. ;):D

Knowing the update is tomorrow,I swear i check this forum every 10 min. :lol: Raph is master at creating tension of expectation. :D

Archived