So imagine you are going on a adventure

Odinn

Personally when I finish looting a whole map I stay in my "home base" for 2-3 days, I eat repair and prepare for my next journey which takes me to another map. After mentioned 2-3 days I grab all my gear (end up being encumbered most of the times) and I move to another map. There I find my new home base where I drop the gear that I'm either saving for later or am just simply not going to need in the nearest future. Now, I am going on a adventure, either to explore and scout the new locations or to simply go to known before location and loot them. The question is: what food do I take?

We could say that I can risk it and go without any food as I will most likely find some food on my adventure and could eat it...but it might be a HQ food I would prefer to keep, maybe it's condition is around 90% and it's better to keep it for later.

The thing is that you want to travel light when you are going on a looting adventure and so the question came to my mind, what food has the largest amount of calories compared to it's weight? If I knew the answer to that I could preserve this food (if possible) from the beginning.

Share your thoughts and ideas on what to take on your adventure once you've found your home base.

Btw. here you can find the answer to his queation http://thelongdark.gamepedia.com/Food_And_Drink the topic is just more to hear your opinions about packing on a scouting mission :ugeek:

When I'm going to explore new location I take with myself couple canned food, 1-2 pieces of meat or fish, couple chocolade or grain cereal bars, 1l. of water and if I have 1-2 soda drinks. Maybe it's quite a lot and heavy but I just want to survive in blizzards.

Among other important stuffs there are axe, knife, hatchet, bedroll, tinder, wooden matches and one piece of soft fire-wood.

Odinn if you want to go as light as you can do not take any tin goods whatsoever. Mind you the canned peaches do help with your hydration problems. Anyway I travel with beef jerky, candy bars, energy bars etc. If I am in the ML or PV I will follow the water routes looking for cat tails amongst the many stalks near the shore line. The cat tails are extremely light and very edible. If I happen to come across wildlife and I can take them out...I will stay in one spot for a day or two..collecting and eating meat before exploring any further. I let the lay of the land and the abundance of wildlife dictate how I will react to my surroundings. I hope that helps somewhat

When I'm going to explore new location I take with myself couple canned food, 1-2 pieces of meat or fish, couple chocolade or grain cereal bars, 1l. of water and if I have 1-2 soda drinks. Maybe it's quite a lot and heavy but I just want to survive in blizzards.

Among other important stuffs there are axe, knife, hatchet, bedroll, tinder, wooden matches and one piece of soft fire-wood.

You are so right Solnze you might be able to leave the axe or knife behind as either one will do what you need, but the bedroll is so important if you end up in a place without a bed like Carters dam or the Radio shack.

I personally don't like canned food, especially peaches for the heavy weight. I try to always have some energy bars or salty crackes in my pack, maybe some cattails but honestly, most of the times I travel with bear/deer/wolf meat. The reason is simple: I eat first the food I picked up before I eat what I have hunted myself. I also don't pick up any food that is lying around openly near routes that I travel frequently until I have to becasue I'm starving.

For short travel or a hunt I take one piece of meat max or even nothing. For traveling/exploring PV I take 2-3 pieces with me, depending on how much I already carry. For the other maps I usually plan to hunt my meal when I arrive at my destination and therefor might also take only a single piece and some bars if I have any.

I think if you are going to unfamiliar location, all tools are important, even if you actually know the location too. 2 pieces of softwood and one fir. As of food I take one can food so that if I stay long and return the next day, or if I find carcass that I want to skin and make a fire, I can heat it up and eat so I get a cold resistance bonus. Also for food 2 energy bars or 1 MRE, and 1L water. I do not carry any meat as it attracts wolfs and is heavy compared to its calorie value, especially fish.

Archived