Not Enough Cloth Resources

RJIII

Still having the problem of ending up with no cloths at and around 10 days. Is there some other source of Cloth we can come up with, perhaps harvesting a corpse could produce more. Just doesn't seem right that stuff decays so quickly I've been wearing the same pants for days now and the quality is still pretty good even though they might stink a little :oops:

Guest Alan Lawrance

We've got some interesting stuff in the works for harvesting hide from animals. Don't want to promise anything yet, but there is a good chance this could provide a solution to the problem you are talking about.

• Hinterland

Hey -- do you mean there aren't enough clothing resources in the world, or not enough cloth to keep them repaired?

I know Clell is able to keep clothing around for up to 20 days and beyond by repairing things regularly. We also do a big tuning pass on clothing items to give them more longevity, and it should be possible to harvest multiple Cloth Raw Material items from specific clothing items.

I just want to make sure you've done a thorough test of this before we change anything more about the availability of clothing.

I think there are two problems with the clothing repair system the first is mechanical the second is theoretical. First, I am just not finding enough cloth out in the world to keep my clothing intact. When the clothing goes I am unable to spend enough time out in the wilderness to harvest stuff for survival like wood and meat. The second, more theoretical is how much does one spend on repairing clothing when in a survival situation, I like the mechanics but really the onus (in my mind) should be on food and wood gathering not on making sure my pants fit. I just think there is a disproportionate weight on clothing and the effects it has on you to survive. Pants just don't disintegrate in 9 days :] still wearing the same pants from previous post, granted not in a post apocalyptic scenario but still holding strong!

• 2 years later...

Archived