Repairing Simple Tools (Fixed in v.06)

RJIII

I'm sorry I couldn't grab a screen shot of this but when I repaired Simple Tools they disappeared from my inventory. I had success at the repair then they just disappeared. I did have them selected to help with the repair might have something to do with that.

Guest Alan Lawrance

There is something inception-esque about using a set of tools to repair itself. There must be some subtle issue at play here though, as I wasn't able to reproduce.

Guest Alan Lawrance

Nice detective work RJIII -- the problem was exactly what you suspected. We were degrading the tool before the repair was applied, so low-condition tools were being destroyed by the degrade (and then the repair itself would have nothing to apply to!). Simply needed to apply the repair first, then degrade the tool.

Or depending on how you view "Simple Tools" not allow them to be repaired with themselves. I see "Simple Tools" to be your basic tool set; Hammer, couple of screw drivers, and some pliers... hard to repair those items with themselves. if there was a file involved maybe... but maybe the user should not be allowed to use Simple Tools to repair them. Just thinking, might be crazy.

Guest Alan Lawrance

It might get a bit confusing with multiple sets of tools... you can repair one set of tools with a different set, but not the same set. :) I have a feeling we're going to need to make the tool side of repair more sophisticated... by making the tools more specific than just "simple tools", and having sensible rules about which tools can be used with which kind of repair task. So a hammer isn't going to help you repair cloth, but it can help you repair a knife (as an example).

... by making the tools more specific than just "simple tools", and having sensible rules about which tools can be used with which kind of repair task. So a hammer isn't going to help you repair cloth, but it can help you repair a knife (as an example).

Nopw we are talking. I bit like Minecraft and the crafting Table in that game, as well as Terraria. If you don't have x you can't make y, and thats how I was hoping the crafting in TLD would be looking at, as this is the most logical way of doing it.

To be totally honest, I was really hoping that crafting/harvesting was going to be a big part of TLD experience, not just click here and I have that. Its what you would do in any survival situation, grab what you can to make what you can to survive as long as you can.

A filed of potato's wired to light the cabin up maybe ?? jk :P

Archived