[Mac|.v0.5] Drop down menu click flickers several times.

TattooedMac

When in Inventory/Crafting and I click the to access the drop down menu, the drop down menu flickers on and off screen in milliseconds about 4/5 times before the click actually registers and the drop down appears.

Not possible for a Screen Shot, but I was in Trappers, and in the wild when this happened.

Guest Alan Lawrance

I have a feeling this is related to the issue you are seeing with gear getting picked up automatically from inspect mode. It sounds like we're getting multiple mouse button events.

Try holding the mouse button down (and not releasing) and see if you get the flickering while the mouse button stays pressed (or does it only flicker when you release the mouse).

Come to think of it, when I do click to click (see other thread about Skipping inspection) when I click to click on trackpad it does register, but, the problem wasn't there in .v0.4 and lower. Nothing has changed the way I am using the trackpad, it feels as the Tap to click isn't registering as a click ??

It has something to do with the Tap to click on the trackpad Alan. Im not sure if this is fixable trough your means, but one reason for the trackpad on a Mac is the beauty of a Tap to Click function.

But I tried mouse and all objects came up in the search field, and right clicking bought up the same result. So on the trackpad, its not registering '2' clicks when I tap it. I right tap on the trackpad, and still does the same, because I have 2 finger Tap for right click on the trackpad.

So if its you or me, ?? Im not sure.

Guest Alan Lawrance

I tried out the Tap-To-Click on the trackpad (I didn't have that enabled on my Mac Air) -- and things still seem to work as expected for me. A tap on the trackpad acts like a "click", and inspect mode and menu selections work as expected just using taps.

I didn't even know Tap-To-Click existed as an option for the trackpad, but I agree it's nice!

It's still a mystery why this isn't working correctly for you. I'll have the other Hinterland guys try out on their Macs and see how Tap-To-Click works for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Still happens to me on my iMac Trackpad. Averages to 4 Tap to Clicks before it registers on. I thought it might have something to do with Sensitivity when I had BTT (better touch tool) enabled, but I disabled that and I still get the problem.

I suppose it in gameplay, how many of Mac users have Tap to Click enabled or not.

Archived