First Bear Attack, thoughts

RJ_Dalton

It was just shortly after I entered Pleasant Valley for the first time. I'd made my way to the crossroads a couple of times, carrying goods. A couple of wolves had bothered me a bit, but I managed them without much trouble. I saw the bear briefly, but didn't think much about it, because it was always a long way off and it moved really slowly.

Then, just after I'd got settled in and was ready to go exploring, I start heading out and go up the hill to harvest a wolf corpse I'd killed the previous day but was too encumbered to do anything with and suddenly, the bear is just there, coming over the top of the hill.

I thought to myself, "Well, they're kinda slow, maybe I can run back to my . . ." *bear growls and charges* ". . . Oh, god!" Unlike the wolves, you don't seem able to do anything to fight the bear off, you just gotta wait until it gets bored and leaves. Savaged all the way down to 10%, my clothes torn mostly to shreds (I think everything was reduced below 20%), bleeding out . . . and then, as I'm applying a bandage, a blizzard starts. I did not die, as I was pretty close to the house where I was staying, but boy was it a close thing. It was an intense experience and utterly terrifying. Well done.

Yes once it get's you it's game over, you will go down to at least 10%. I never experienced death directly from a bear attack, the lowest condition I had IIRC was somewhere in the mid 80ies when I approached it and it only got me to 6%. Just be sure you run/walk in the other direction than the bear after the fight, or you will have a rematch that you won't survive :D

Archived