Oh look an update..load old save..Holy CR--!!!

autumnalequinox

Satellite internet eventually changes your entire online behavior. You learn to manage data like you are playing a survival game. You wheel and deal, hoarding bonus time and after 2 am time and such and such, trying to avoid paying for gigs. I failed this month and thus had to wait an excruciating extra few days to play the new update.

My longest survival yet, a perfect game at 10+ days (yea, sad) was ready for the new goodies. She was well equipped and utterly unharmed. She was the Mistress of Wolf Slaying.

I wasn't expecting the new wolf behavior at all. In the middle of a return trip from looting the Forestry lookout, laden with wolf meat..

She survived 3 attacks. First one I forgot how to aim the rifle (HA!, it's been a few weeks since playing). Second one absorbed a shot to the head and just kept coming. Third ignored a flare and the rifle just missed...

Crawled into my camp at 10% condition with tons 'o meat.

And noooooow I understand the wolves were after the delicious morsels of their fallen brothers and sisters. Well...at least I survived!! I would have cried if my own impatience had ruined such a great save. Now I am so grateful for the 12 rounds of rifle ammo I still have left.. I am going to need them.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Speaking of loading an old save on a new update... will we get all the latest features when loading a previous save or is it better to start new again?

I remember last year between updates something changed in the UI that I didn't see on an old save until starting a new character.

Speaking of loading an old save on a new update... will we get all the latest features when loading a previous save or is it better to start new again?

That depends; if you already on a long survival endurance then you can safely continue using the new updates. If you want certain loot to be spawned or to enjoy the new experience of the game from square one, restart. This seems to be important for finding whetstones and rifle cleaning kits that don't seem to spawn, at least on DP for me. YMMV.

Archived