ChillPlayer streaming now on Twitch

ChillPlayer

It.is.finally.over... after 193 days the fluffies got their revenge when I decided to check again Water Front Cottages in CH - with 0 ammo - because I knew that I left the cabinets unchecked for the late game. 2-3 wolves were constantly patroling the area but I managed to clear one house undetected. I left the area and went on the frozen sea to plan my next approach when I decided to check a frozen corps nearby and fight who ever comes into my way.

While looting the corps I heard the squeeking of a scared wolf which made me already jump. But it didn't come after me. So I decided to go for the remaining building closer to the road when a blizzard hit. I made my way to the house when I discovered a wolf blocking my way. With still over 90% condition I decided to fight it with my knife - and was dead within 2 seconds.

First I thought it was an Uber Wolf who brought me down but a viewer of my stream - Denyo IIRC - saw what I didn't notice, a second wolf came on me from behind. It literally only took 2-3 seconds to end 193 Days in Stalker, craziest run I ever had by all means :D

I will be streaming a new beginning in ML today, 9PM MET (GMT+1). I'll try to clear ML as quickly as possible, within 2 days I expect to be at the dam crafting me cloths. No restarts, I take what the game throws at me (but I really hope loot will be better on this run ;))

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After almost a week since my last stream I am going to stream the whole night in about 10 minutes :D

I need to stay awake until 8am and there's no better way to do this than play a round of TLD. I'm starting a new game in Stalker, ML. This time I probably won't aim for the long shot but I still need the explorer achievement which I intend to get. Come and join the madness :twisted:

Stalker Day 52, got my second bear yesterday with a single bullet, that makes a total of 3 bullets for two bears. Miraculously I still have 28 bullets, the same I had when I left the Dam for PV. And I have still half of PV and all of CH to explore ;)

Join me now when I am exploring the south of PV, get the remaining two bears and hopefully find the bunker, drama (read blizzard) is almost guaranteed :D

Note: I won't post my daily streams here anymore because I am listing them already in the Steam TLD Streaming group. I will only post special events like the streaming of a new update or something similar here.

• 4 months later...

hey everyone,

I'm taking a hiatous from my hiatous and began yesterday a new game. I'm so blown away by the changes that I decided to play and stream today. Right now I'm day 20ish at the dam, ready to go explore the new Carter River area and everything else, like hunting with bow and arrows. Come join if you feel nostalgic, miss the winter or just want to see how I get beaten my behind by all the the challenges the devs so kindly prepared for us :D

Today, 9pm CET (GMT+1) on steam.

Yeah I really forgot how awesome this game is, I'm totally hooked again.

Day 30 and I already have crafted all clothes, bow and arrow, killed don't know how many wolves and a bear (which almost killed me). Carter River is freakin great, especially the cave. Just wonder what happend to the fluffy that was barking down the river when I first entered the area, no where to be found. Guess a sneak attack is prone to happen sooner or later^^

I thought I'll just check out what's new but I guess I'll play for the long run now - or to quote Corleone:

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in.

Kudos to the devs, all improvements and new additions I've seen so far are a big step forward :D

It was really great fun watching your stream yesterday. :lol: :lol: :lol: The best part of it was your atempt to cross over to other side of the Dam,across that narrow passage on the dam. :lol: :lol: :lol: I still laugh so hard today,when ever I remember that,hahaha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guys,you don`t know,how much fun you miss,not watching ChillPlayer`s attempts to adapt new changes to the game. :) I haven`t laugh so good for a long time and also such interesting stream I haven`t watch for long time either. :)

I hope many of those great moments with you still to come,my frend. :)

Arrived at CH yesterday because I needed some more action going on :D I am streaming today, continuing my run of discovering the new - and for the first time ever I dare to speak to you in my funny Swiss accent. I lose focus too often while chatting, so... Come join the madness if you want to see and hear how a Swiss guy is surviving :D

I finally have beaten my personal record of 193 days in Stalker and got the One with Nature achievement. I have still plenty of ammo and everything else, at this point I don't know what will kill me in the end. Probably running out of matches in 2-300 days. But I still haven't got the Exploration Game achievement and will try to visit all the places I've missed so far in CH and ML. Can't say yet if I'll stream with voice because it's so freakishly hot in here and I'm sweating horribly with the headset on. Nevertheless, come join the madness :D

• 1 month later...

Now that we have multiple save slots I've decided to let my >300 day run rest for a moment and begin a new run in Stalker. Partly to feel the excitement again but also to test how many ressources are there from the beginning. It was suggested to me that the game is due to recent updates much harder when you start new rather than continuing from an old save. I have my doubts about this for various reasons, but there's only one way to find out - so come join the madness :D

Today, 7pm CET (GMT+1) on steam broadcast.

• 3 months later...

I will continue today my old Stalker run which I've survived for 392 days so far. Now I'm sitting on the porch of the hut at Crystal Lake and the summit is calling me. Well equipped with cloths, tools and food I will take on to climb to the airplane, hopefully not falling to my death. What I lack is a knowledge of the map and the route to the summit of which I have only a general idea in which direction to go. So I expect some interesting surprises, come and join the madness :D

Today, 8:30pm CET on steam broadcast.

I'm having another go at the New Years Challenge that was posted in the hinterland forums. It basically says that you need to begin a new game in Stalker Desolation Point, go to the Lighthouse, climb the Summit in TWM and get back to the Lighthouse. Whoever manages this with the least amount of time survived is the winner.

I tried this challenge the past few days without a satisfactory result and I am pretty sure I won't beat the current best time of 35 hours established by Scyzara. But I still can try and anything below 3 days will be fine by me, it's definitely one of the hardest things I've done so far in TLD, so come join the madness and see me fail :D

Today, 8:30pm CET (GMT+1) on steam broadcast

• 4 months later...

It's been a while since my last stream, so today I will do the Hunted Challenge and try to beat the Old Bear to Trapper's Homestead. This will not be a speed run, I plan on doing the best I can to reach Trapper's, meaning resting, repairing, crafting if needed and so on. Still it will be a thrill, so come and join the madness ;)

Today, 8:30pm CET (GMT+1) on steam broadcast

Holy cow, as expected this was a really thrilling experience. On my first try everything went fine, I had lot's of coffee and could fix all my cloths, a knife right from the start and got to the Farmstead without seeing the bear once. He appeared the first time when I went towards the Winding River but I could scare him off with the flare gun at the base of the cliff with the rope. Once I was up on the cliff he finally catched up with me again near Hunter's Blind, I waited too long for the shot and he mauled me down to 9%. I managed to get into the cave with 4% condition left which I could heal up by resting to approx. 25%. And then I made the biggest mistake ever: In fear of the fluffy encounter I wanted to get my health back near 100%, so I ran through the cave, cooked some tea, fixed my clothes and went to sleep again. Not noticing that I still had the infection affliction due to lack of antiseptics. I woke up at 3% and couldn't rest anymore because I was fully rested, tried to spend time which got me down to 1% and this was pretty much the end of the story, no chance to heal it back.

All the more reason to try it again then. This time the bear was everywhere I was, I kept him at bay with the flare gun or a flare and used cliffs to put more distance between us, got a bit lucky with some decent cloths but only one pack of coffee, had antiseptic and bandages and not once missed a shot. Getting to the cave was still a close call, after I scared him with the flare gun I ran like hell to reach the cave and just when I was entering it he got a single scratch on me but I didn't got any afflictions, my condition just dropped from 80 to 60%.

I healed back to around 90%, fixed my cloths and went for the dam. Fluffy I could evade by waving my torch and then I just ran out of the dam, leaving him alive and well inside the dam. On the train bridge the bear began to follow me again which was good in some way because he scared the wolves away. After my 2nd last flare went out I've used the only stim I had and ran until I was on the way up to the Forest Lookout, constantly followed by the bear and keeping him at bay with my last flare. I took the first opening down the cliff and made it to the lonely hut (with the toilet outside) without seeing him again against strong winds.

Because of the wind I decided to sleep through the night and take the final run the next day, thankfully it was a beautiful morning. When I was near the bunker spawn point above the Pont the bear catched up again with me, he ate my last Flaregun Shell and then I ran again all the way to Trapper's, finally beating the challenge. This were probably the most intense 1.5 hours I've ever had in TLD and given some of the reactions of the viewers in my stream, it was as intense to watch as it was to play. The devs have made a really good job with this challenge, it's awesome :x

47EE1B2ADCBE61C48F70DAE5E1498C790B57E51D

2 hours ago, ChillPlayer said:

What steam community broadcast links to you mean? I am a member (even founder ;)) of the TLD streaming group on steam and I always schedule my streams there:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tld-s

Join this jolly group to watch streams from TLD broadcasters on steam ;)

Thanks for the link.  After reading the OP in this thread I checked http://steamcommunity.com/app/305620/#scrollTop=0 > Broadcasts but I guess that's only active streams.  (You might want to link your group in the OP.)

That said it's very rare that I watch streams live -- I don't have a lot of time for them but I thought I'd check yours out next time I get a chance.  I was hoping to find a YT or Twitch past broadcast link. :) 

Yes on steam you find only live streams, which is the reason I created this group so other streamers can schedule and announce their streams in advance. Personally I don't like the twitch interface and the advertisement very much but maybe once story mode comes out I will stream on twitch.

I will most likely stream this monday again around 8:30pm CET, not sure what I am going to do though, maybe another challenge run or begin a new sandbox play. But I really like the Hunted Challenge for it's thrills ;)

After I had lots of fun with the Challenges I want to go for a new longterm Sandbox play and see how Cabin Fewer, Parasits and all the new changes will affect my ability to survive in Stalker.

I'll begin in ML and will continue to CH to finally get the Exploration achievement if it's not bugged again, come and join the madness :D

Today, 8:15pm CET (GMT+1) on Steam Broadcast.

My first week into the game was quite succesful, I've got already the hides for all cloths to craft except for the mittens and will soon move over to CH once I've crafted them. Come and join the madness :D

Today, 8:15pm CET (GMT+1) on Steam Broadcast

• 4 months later...

I have barely made it from PV to CH on the 12th day in Interloper but things are turning around now, I should soon have enough cured guts to begin a succesful fishing career and some maple saplings are also being cured. If I don't get eaten by a wolf I could actually make it quite long, let's see if fortuna will be on my side for once.

Come and join the madness :D

Today, 8:30pm CET (GMT+1) on Steam Broadcast

After yesterday's run I am in a very good spot right now with some Fishing Lines, enough Fish for days and almost enough Cured Hides and Guts to craft me Boots and Mittens. Once they are ready I will venture off to Wolf infested Abandoned Lookout and later to ML in search for a Magnifying Glass which is becoming a pressing issue, for I have only a few matches left. Also a Bedroll would help me combat Cabin Fever which is my biggest concern right now.

So come and join the madness, interesting things will happen I'm pretty sure :D

Today, 8:15pm CET (GMT+1) on Steam Broadcast

Archived