To the Dev Game just like the Long Dark!

Ms Nutcracker

I found this game:

The graphics look so similar however it is not as indepth as TLD.

http://surviveaneternalwinter.com/

So does the TLD developer know that it look similar TO TLD? I am a bit alarm of the similarity of the graphics and similarity that its also in winter and that you can pick things up like TLD.

I do not want to promote this game but just wanted to draw attention to it so the TLD developer can know!

Perhaps make TLD graphics more realistic in the future...

So does the TLD developer know that it look similar TO TLD? I am a bit alarm of the similarity of the graphics and similarity that its also in winter and that you can pick things up like TLD.

I do not want to promote this game but just wanted to draw attention to it so the TLD developer can know!

Perhaps make TLD graphics more realistic in the future...

Not quite sure what your post is trying to convey... that game has been around for a while, and yes it was influenced by Hinterland's game (they openly admit it), but being designed by one person...

I have no clue why that should mean Hinterland should change their graphics when they specifically chose NOT to follow the usual game approach of trying to make graphics realistic. They use their own art style and creations, and have regularly been praised for the aesthetics they've created.

Meh,

there are so many clones from every game it should not be that worrying.

(you do know that there are a zillion minecraft clones etc? )

personally I find it pretty cool what he achieved in his own so far.

It looks perhaps a bit too much like TLD, but to me it's more simplistic/minimal artwork (aka crappy at paint) instead of the proper thought and idea in TLD.

I think the game does have it's similarities with TLD, but it's different enough to have it's own merits. It doesn't look great atm, but that might change.

I agree with mafti, it's pretty amazing what he's done already all by himself! I tip my hat to him.

Oh, and I would like to thank the OP for bringing this game to my attention! I've added it to my wishlist on Steam to see if it'll shape up into something I'd like to buy. I know that was not your intention, but thanks anyway.

I agree with mafti, it's pretty amazing what he's done already all by himself! I tip my hat to him.

I agree with that as well... I was just confused by the OP why simply because somebody found TLD inspiring enough to also create their won game, why the OP thinks that's a reason for the devs to change their art style to make "TLD graphics more realistic in the future"...

Was just confused put whatever they're trying to say in their post

Banished was made by one guy to, It's pretty fun to build a town and try to keep them all alive. It's very sad when your entire town starves to death though :( poor poor Egbertha and Merrica... stonecutter husband and wife that were lucky enough to die of old age before the child named Hell caused starvation throughout the town...

Jeremy

@Bill, I think the OP considers Eternal Winter to be a TLD clone and wanted to alert Hinterland to this.

Oh, okay - that would make more sense then...

Just didn't click because games like Eternal Winter, Kona, Firewatch, Impact Winter and a number of others after The Long Dark have been on the various forums for quite a while (and even commented on by the devs). It's not surprising because TLD has generated a lot of attention, so there are bound to be all kinds of new games based on similar themes ahead.

Banished was made by one guy to, It's pretty fun to build a town and try to keep them all alive. It's very sad when your entire town starves to death though :( poor poor Egbertha and Merrica... stonecutter husband and wife that were lucky enough to die of old age before the child named Hell caused starvation throughout the town...

Jeremy

Banished is about as good as a game gets when made by one guy. Thankfully TLD has a team of devs working on it. As fantastic as Banished is, development has basically come to an end and it is all mods now.

Jeremy

I forgot to shut a game of Banished down before I went to sleep one night. I woke up, and the whole town was gone. I've felt a little too guilty to go back to it since then...

Eternal Winter and Banished are both impressive undertakings for one person. I'm always in awe of people that have the skill and determination to pull things like this together with a team, much less on their own. It's also actually pretty cool to imagine future games being inspired by TLD. Without inspiration, we'd never have anything new to play.

Archived