What is the 1 thing you enjoy most about The Long Dark?

Ryan CM

Hi guys,

Immersive struggle & rewarding gameplay

I love how this game sucks you in & manages to create a genuine sense of peril in all actions & how at any moment you know that death is just around the corner!

Current Best: Voyageur 14 days & counting

• Upvote 1

The thing I love most about the Long Dark is the feeling of discovery I get when traveling somewhere new. I don't know if it's possible, but my dream for this game would be some kind of random map generator so that every game is different. However, even as is, with the items being (more or less) randomized, I still get a feeling of discovery even when returning to old familiar places like Trapper's or the Camp Office and it's so much fun every time to see what goodies await. :)

I just went back to the lone look out tower in coastal highway map. WOW, i see they fixed the windows issues. How cool do the storms looks now! be it the new storms or both. looks great. awesome work Hinterland. This game is so addictive.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not the same "blow'em up" game that's seems to be coming out yearly. Just a nice change of pace and a game that requires patience and skill. You can really get caught up in the game. Some of the in world issues are real world issue and that's pretty freaking cool. Twisted ankle for sure as I have done that and wished to God that I had pain medicine used as such in like in TLD to have gotten me thought the hike. Awesome game.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The feeling of me being at the mercy of nature, and the necessity to make bold moves, to survive. In a blizzard, sitting in front of a campfire which is not quite sufficient to keep you safe, when do I choose to run into the whirling wind and snow and when do I decide to wait for the weather to calm down?

• Upvote 1

I shot! Repeatedly and the bear fell. I questioned whether to shoot or not almost too long. I weighed the pros and the cons of success and failure. In the end my desire to conquer nature won. I skinned and gutted my trophy becoming encumbered in the process. My greed drove me across the frozen water to my home. Someday that game will be found frozen to death far from home dragging 80lbs of pride.

• Upvote 1