What is the 1 thing you enjoy most about The Long Dark?

Ryan CM

The quiet apocalypse

While the game can be very intense, it's also the most relaxing game I ever played. Building up a collection of firewood so you can just sit by the fire on stormy days. Spending the day fishing in your cozy hut next to the stove. Spending a bad day keeping your tools in good condition and crafting gear. Everything just falls away and you make do with what little you have, and it never disappoints me.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Hackfleisch said:

The quiet apocalypse

While the game can be very intense, it's also the most relaxing game I ever played. Building up a collection of firewood so you can just sit by the fire on stormy days. Spending the day fishing in your cozy hut next to the stove. Spending a bad day keeping your tools in good condition and crafting gear. Everything just falls away and you make do with what little you have, and it never disappoints me.

This.  I love the quiet isolation, and the fact that it's always challenging but rarely rushing at you — with those occasional sudden bursts of action being that much more exciting.

It's a game for introverts, and I love it.

• Upvote 3

Hello all,

Only one week one the game for me, i really love the freedom.

You can do what you want, where you want (even if you are nude in night near 2 bear and dancing macarena...)

I really like the non-zombie, every time when i'm in the dark inside a house i can tell me "it's ok, nothing gonna jumpscare me" :D

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, omoon66 said:

Everything is 10x harder than Stalker (imagine that)

A Hard Mode that's actually hard.. (imagine that)

Funny thing is, most of the people who complain about how difficult Interloper is are newcomers who go "Yeah, I've played lots of survival games.. I'm a badass.. I can handle myself.. I'm not gonna start on one of those wimpy difficulty levels, 'cause I'm just so awesome at this kind of game!"

So Interloper hands them their badass on a plate, again and again, and they end up crying about it... 

Edited by JAFO
  • Upvote 2

On 8/22/2017 at 11:10 PM, JAFO said:

A Hard Mode that's actually hard.. (imagine that)

Funny thing is, most of the people who complain about how difficult Interloper is are newcomers who go "Yeah, I've played lots of survival games.. I'm a badass.. I can handle myself.. I'm not gonna start on one of those wimpy difficulty levels, 'cause I'm just so awesome at this kind of game!"

So Interloper hands them their badass on a plate, again and again, and they end up crying about it... 

I haven't played too many survival games, but I would say I'm ok, definitely not good enough for interloper though! Time to tackle it again