Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

Ok, 150 hours in, and I've stopped a fair few times to take in the fantastic world that's been so lovingly created by the Art Team, but I've never thought of taking a screen shot before. Then, you randomly step out of the cabin early one morning, with only the days tasks on your mind .... and you're just paralyzed with awe! Lol, I was madly mashing all the F keys, not knowing which one took photos, lol.

That's something I love so much about this game ... just when you start to feel a little bored, the game organically provides you with new adventure goals.  It is now Astrid's life purpose, to travel around all the areas collecting the most epic screenshots she can get :). Well done Hinterland ... well done!

Lake Cabin 2.png

Lake Cabin.png

• Upvote 4

@Mel Guille I may be missing something in the options menu .... but a sound, even a little 'click' would be really nice to let you know the shots been taken. With this game .... no two moments are ever the the same, and with the quick time lapse making just the next second look it's quite different .... it's nerve racking not knowing if the shot was taken or not :)

You made a game where no two people will ever see the same moment. Lighting, time, weather, wildlife, etc, all making for very unique visual moments .... I feel perfect screen shots will be a thing that not just myself, but others will also hunt.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Shane Retter said:

@Mel Guille I may be missing something in the options menu .... but a sound, even a little 'click' would be really nice to let you know the shots been taken. With this game .... no two moments are ever the the same, and with the quick time lapse making just the next second look it's quite different .... it's nerve racking not knowing if the shot was taken or not :)

You made a game where no two people will ever see the same moment. Lighting, time, weather, wildlife, etc, all making for very unique visual moments .... I feel perfect screen shots will be a thing that not just myself, but others will also hunt.

If you're on Steam there will usually be some audio cue when you take a screenshot using F12 if that helps.

Some shots from my new Voyager play through titled "Hope's Road". The dynamic lighting and weather in this game can combine .... if you're very, very patient ... and deliver some really amazing one off moments.

Unfortunately, these were before I realized F10 took High Resolution shots [duh].... so could have been better, but this still gives an idea of what I'm wanting to put together.

Hope's Road 3.png

Hope's Road 1.png

Hope's Road 5.png

Hope's Road 6.png

Hope's Road 2.png

Edited by Shane Retter
Spelling error
  • Upvote 9

6 hours ago, exeexe said:

Playing Interlopper with booksmarts and i have read all these books except for those with shooting B|

gg.png

Isn't Book Smarts the most useless feat? I liked the idea of it, but a 10% book bonus just isn't enough to be much help for me. This especially applies to Interloper, where there are only two available feat slots. I assume you're just trying it out for fun?

Edited by Sharky
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Sharky said:

Isn't Book Smarts the most useless feat? I liked the idea of it, but a 10% book bonus just isn't enough to be much help for me. This especially applies to Interloper, where there are only two available feat slots. I assume you're just trying it out for fun?

Booksmarts is only bad if you cant find books or if you cant create surplus off which you can spend to read.

• Upvote 1

On 4/2/2017 at 7:05 AM, Shane Retter said:

Some shots from my new Voyager play through titled "Hope's Road".

Those are just excellent.. almost breaks my heart to point out that there's an 'e' in "journey".

I came here after seeing your post about an album in another thread.. great work, sir! Any chance you could post a link to the entire album?

@JAFO lol, I noticed that after I'd posted them .... luckily they're just draft copies I added text to just for the forum post ... was in a bit of a rush, lol. 

It's not a finished thing yet (Hope is has only just left Coastal Highway)... but I'll be posting a link here on the forum to the finished project when it's done. I'm also making full journal entries to go along with the photos, so it's a fairly big project.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

The elusive hunter's bunker or prepper's weapons cache on Mystery Lake.  I thought it was a myth...

Heh.. I've yet to encounter that one myself.. most playthroughs, I keep encountering the tools cache.

• Upvote 2