Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

5 hours ago, AZHockeyNut said:

I want to play in Aussie Slang! how do I do that?

Do you have TLD on Steam? If so, look in TLD Steam Workshop and find the Aussie Slang mod or find TLD in your library and click on it - the last three mods should be on this page and at the moment Aussie Slang is one of them (click on it).

Then click the subscribe button. After you have subscribed the mod will download. Start TLD and from the main menu -> Options -> Display -> Language -> Aussie. Then restart the game.

You will know that you have been successful if you see the rather wordy black and white startup screen reduced to "Alright guys this is an Alpha so don't fucking complain"

Imho it could be better but it's early days yet so I'll give the guy a chance. He sounds like a sandgroper to me. Playing with Jarrah firewood is just as alien to me as playing with Cedar.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, mystifeid said:

Do you have TLD on Steam? If so, look in TLD Steam Workshop and find the Aussie Slang mod or find TLD in your library and click on it - the last three mods should be on this page and at the moment Aussie Slang is one of them (click on it).

Awesome!  I'm starting up a fresh game with the Old Bear this way. :D

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, butka said:

Having difficulty to find an animal in Mystery Lake. The global temperature dramatically decreased, i.e. max I feel like -8 with 2 deerskin pants, a rabbitskin mittens, and 2 wolfskin coats. It's becoming worse day by day. I have a magnifying glass but it is almost impossible to catch a sunny day now.

Try going into the Ravine - there are three deer there and no wolves. You can kill and harvest the deer and take everything back to ML. There are also caves there.

Only -8C ? Sounds warm to me. Don't go to Pleasant Valley.

To catch the sun, try being up when the sun comes up every morning

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, mystifeid said:

Try going into the Ravine - there are three deer there and no wolves. You can kill and harvest the deer and take everything back to ML. There are also caves there.

Already done :)

50 minutes ago, mystifeid said:

To catch the sun, try being up when the sun comes up every morning

That's a good idea! Thank you man!

• Upvote 1

On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎27 at 7:29 PM, mystifeid said:

Imho it could be better but it's early days yet so I'll give the guy a chance. He sounds like a sandgroper to me. Playing with Jarrah firewood is just as alien to me as playing with Cedar.

I haven't the faintest idea what any of that means. I may need to get an Aussie to English translation :D

1 hour ago, cekivi said:

I haven't the faintest idea what any of that means. I may need to get an Aussie to English translation

Sandgroper is a nickname for someone who lives in the state of Western Australia.

The mod turns cedar firewood into Jarrah.

Jarrrah is a tree from Western Australia which would be more widely used if there were more of it. You can build most of a house out of it but when it is seasoned it gets very very hard. There's a lot of old bridges made with Jarrah beams and these are quite sought after when these bridges are replaced.

Anyway sandgropers, carpenters and cabinet makers would probably be the most likely people to be talking about Jarrah. Especially sandgropers.

Edited by mystifeid
  • Upvote 1

It might be subjective (and kind of unrealistic) but I really miss the smoke coming out from the chimney of Trapper's Homestead in ML map.

When you survive a couple of blizzards, a bear meeting, one wolf attack, several bruises, a sprained ankle, at risk of frostbite and dehydrated, there's nothing better than see that gentle, magic, fading smoke whispering you "Don't worry boy. You're home now."

On 22/6/2014 at 8:41 PM, ArrayKnight said:

This thread is dedicated to amazing screenshots.

Be sure to put it into screenshot mode seeing as we don't all need a reminder that we're starving/freezing to death.

beautiful.jpg

Edited by Rico78
  • Upvote 2