Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

1 hour ago, RossBondReturns said:

Unfortunately I don't think I had one. (Goes to check the epic recording).

Upon further review I totally had one, but totally forgot about it.

And 3% condition is definitely the worst time to forget! :big_smile:

12 minutes ago, cekivi said:

And 3% condition is definitely the worst time to forget! :big_smile:

Indeed. I will be uploading the footage and linking it in the youtube section. I will forgive myself only because it was the first time I had been mauled by a bear anywhere. Farmstead in Pleasant Valley. Pleasant Valley. Go figure.

2 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

Indeed. I will be uploading the footage and linking it in the youtube section. I will forgive myself only because it was the first time I had been mauled by a bear anywhere. Farmstead in Pleasant Valley. Pleasant Valley. Go figure.

Also the location of my first mauling!

Pro Tip: Bears dislike being shot :crosseye:

1 minute ago, cekivi said:

Also the location of my first mauling!

Pro Tip: Bears dislike being shot :crosseye:

Indeed. My first shot was in the ass...and it ran off leaving a blood trail. So I followed the trail...and caught up enough that he turned around so shot him in around the head it looks. Then it turned and charged so I reloaded and aimed and fired and hit the ground between his front paws and that was it really. I tried to crawl towards the farmstead...and even with the bandage kept bleeding out...forgot my emergency stim and died.

Welcome to day 72 in PV.

Seconds before I took the screenshot the temp felt like -93.

I had been in the Cascading Falls cave where I had gone to shelter from the last blizzard which had only ended five or six hours previously. With very little wood left and the temp in the back of the cave feeling like -10, I decided to make a run for Signal Hill and in the end, made it easily.

I take everything back about wanting Interloper harder. If you want hard, go live in PV.

Pity that this character was et by a wolf the very next day during the daily blizzard.

cold91.jpg

Edited by mystifeid

Some times in the clear of the night...I can't help but remember that "The heavens declare the glory of God".

This is part of the reason I will keep on playing TLD because every aspect is created carefully, and I feel as if I'm able to be a witness to the declaration with each footstep taken in the wilderness.

screen_7ca04b03-3e75-4cde-8954-fa3c4e018eea.png

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, cekivi said:

Have you noticed any major changes yet with animal spawn rates or the global temperature?

Can't recall when was a last time i steered the dear to wolves, so plenty of deer. I do not snare rabbits, so plenty of them. I killed a bear at like 150, and it did not re-spawned, so maybe thats intended.

The temps in MY OPINION, reached the limit at day 50 or so.

27 minutes ago, mystifeid said:

Wow.  35 fires and 1144 cals/day. Looks like you could last for 2000 days !

I'm prettyyyy cheap :) Day 205, and last fire probably started 10-15 days ago, and i still have ~10k calories of cooked food, and 40l of water. At day 100 it was 18 fires started. I'm kind of constant, fire every 5-6th day. If i would start more of a hibernation game, i would start probably less, because now i been traveling and what not, so there were more occasions of the need of fire. As far as food, this run i actually did not do micromanagment of calories, for example if at night i'm at 78-85% i still would eat 750-900 calories, even though i could eat only 450-550.. but like i said this run i did not care THAT much.

Edited by thinair

Kidding right?

Nope. I used to micromanage everything, like if i'm ready to survive for 10 000 days which is pointless. Of course i still micromanage fires, a bit of clothing repairs, but as far as calories, i'm not kidding, in my long dark world, this run is the most careless as far as calorie intake goes lol. Literally, 750 calorie eating before sleep only needed if character is at 60-70% condition (depending on the bed). Most of the time im at high 70's to mid 80s % condition before sleep. So i could of saved quite some calories by being ON point, the average would of been probably below 1000cal/day.

Warmy walk... :)

123sc3k.png

Edited by thinair
  • Upvote 1