LONGterm survival tips?

Malak

I thought that just like IRL all wildlife takes cover from the blizzard (well they despawn, but that's to represent them taking cover). At least this was a feature the devs mentioned some time ago, not sure if it's implemented or not. Personally I've never seen any animal in a blizzard that wasn't just beginning.

I went to the dam after Day 100 and ironically had TWO fluke wolf attacks on the way there and had to face fluffy at 80%. The last time I slept outside the dam, I was attacked in the first hour. Fluffy was no issue at all with the flare on the stairs trick. One-shotted him. Made it back ok and decided to give the game a break mostly at Day 110+. Next I will have to do a run to Coastal for more cloth. I might last to 125+ if I'm lucky. I refuse to use methods like not wearing clothes. You would never do that in real life except while sleeping.

I refuse to use methods like not wearing clothes. You would never do that in real life except while sleeping.

But IRL your clothes wouldn't degrade that fast either, so you wouldn't have to. Not saying that you should start not wearing clothes, or that clothes should degrade slower.

I refuse to use methods like not wearing clothes. You would never do that in real life except while sleeping.

Well, maybe not. It's common enough for northern people to go basically naked inside. Certain insane Scandinavians even go naked *outside* and jump in lakes.

• 4 weeks later...
Well, maybe not. It's common enough for northern people to go basically naked inside. Certain insane Scandinavians even go naked *outside* and jump in lakes.

I'm a Swede and I've tried that - bath into a "vak" (a hole made in the ice). I can tell you I will never do it again. It was damn cold, and it was even worse afterwards.. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just find a way to survice in longterm easily, dont know if anyone already knew about this, but... i can survice 90 days with only 30Kgs of bear meat. I only eat 1Kg per 3days, drink enough water thourgh. It sound like i turn into a bear, sleep the whole winter. And i havent even touch the gut yet.

Just find a way to survice in longterm easily, dont know if anyone already knew about this, but... i can survice 90 days with only 30Kgs of bear meat. I only eat 1Kg per 3days, drink enough water thourgh. It sound like i turn into a bear, sleep the whole winter. And i havent even touch the gut yet.

Hmm...90 days of hibernation does not sound fun. :) That is boring playtime.Eating,being all the time on the edge of starvation,and doing nothing...ok,you achieved goal,you are surviving on long term.Just that this condition does not alowe you to travel much arround.With this state of hibernation,your body is weaken,and is less resistant to weather changes and to wildlife attacks.And,predators can sense your weakenes,just like they can smell blood. :)

So,yes...you"re succesfull survivor,but more likely living deadman. ;)

Still,grats on your successfull tactics.

Like i said, i feel like i am a bear LOL. Still a good tactic to survice long anyway, i try for about 10 days then gotten bored of it so i just start exploring again. Of course i wont go out in this condition. But if you have a good plan like kill the nearby wolf then keep on farming rabbit, place only 2 snares at a place, then put it 8 snares in total in 4 place so that i can have about 5 rabbit a days, this way snare is harder to get ruined and maximum the quantity. Then keep on sleeping. If the match dont decay so fast then i can survice forever.

Archived