Crashing black screen

cakey77

Hi, I am really enjoy this game and would love to get it working properly. I can play anything from 2 mins to 20 mins before the game crashes my monitor goes of and it sounds like my pc fans are going in to max speed! Going into a cabin is a guaranteed way to get it to crash, other times it can be when I am just wandering around outside. I have to hold in the power button to shut it off and restart.

This has never happened with any other game before or after buying TLD. I have updated all drivers as well.

output log http://pastebin.com/gZUpNafU

Event viewer log

The program tld.exe version 4.5.3.30613 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: 394

Start Time: 01d026b2ff66eebd

Termination Time: 11

Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld.exe

Report Id: 4c260206-92a6-11e4-a2db-001fd0cf378a

• 2 weeks later...

No offense to you, RJIII, I've never in 20 some years of dealing with PCs had anything ever fixed by updating the firmware on a graphics card? That can lead to a bricked card especially from an inexperienced user and is generally bad advice. If you meant, "drivers", then that's another thing however cakey77 mentioned that they'd updated their drivers. The way a graphics card ships from the factory with factory firmware flashed to the ROM supports all the features the card has to offer. Updating firmware would in no way enable shaders or anything else.

Let's start from the top.

@cakey77

You stated that you just upgraded your motherboard/RAM/CPU and that you're using Windows and have updated your drivers.

Can you give us the rundown on your system specs, please? There is no way of knowing what we're dealing with unless we know what we're dealing with. :)

What is your CPU? What is your graphics card (ATI 6800series what)? What is your sound card? What version of Windows are you running? Are you running this on a monitor or a television?

6800 series ATI card has support for:

Direct3D Direct3D 11

Shader Model 5.0

OpenCL OpenCL 1.2

OpenGL OpenGL 4.4

There shouldn't be any issue with the hardware. The drivers may be causing this but the hardware supports the game.

If you haven't already done so (this helped another user on this board) uninstall AMD Gaming Evolved app or "Raptr". If you can not locate either of these in your Installed Programs in Control Panel, then completely uninstall the ATI drivers. Reboot. Reinstall the ATI drivers and when you do, select Custom install, uncheck AMD Gaming Evolved/Raptr from installing and continue installing the video driver. Reboot when complete. Try to run the game.

Archived