What part of the rifle sight do you use to aim?

lordkevnar

I've been wasting a lot of bullets, using trial and error on both wolves and deers. Is there a specific point on the sight that you have to aim at the target animal? Does distant matter? Is wind a factor? Does the condition of the gun effect the shot? I've probably only hit two animals out of the last 20 shots I've taken. And with bullets so rare and precious, these misses are devastating. I sort of gave up already, and just use my gun to scare away wolves. I need some pointers.

I heard someone say getting a headshot is vital, but how do you do that? I assumed you had to aim the very tip of the point of the site at the animal, but I'm still missing, even when they're standing perfectly still.

Question: Are you absolutely sure you missed the animals? Did you run over and see if they left a blood trail to follow?

I'm terrible at headshotting deer, so I tend to shoot once then follow it's trail till it bleeds out. Wolves I let advance close enough to me that if I miss it's my own damned fault.....

I aim down the sight (along the top middle like you'd expect) and I seem to be a terrible shot at distance too, but I think it may just be that the hitbox for the head (kill shot) is quite small, and the models tend to be moving rather than still. I also wouldn't be surprised if the hitboxes aren't perfect for the animations given that this is still an alpha.

Doesn't really matter though, since my main hunting strategy is to chase deer into wolves, and then aggro the wolf when he's eating the deer and get a headshot on him from 10 feet away ;)

You get a insta-kill when you shoot an animal in the head, spine and hart/ lungs. Hart/ lungs is actually the biggest target of those and if you miss you still have a good chance of wounding the target. Shooting an animal from the front also gives you a bigger chance to hit since you have all the kill zones lined up.

Archived