To create traps for animals.

You can build igloos

You can build cages for animals

Wolves can be tamed

You can build spears and slings to cast stones for hunting

Animals that should appear:

polar bears, seals, walruses, etc.

:)

I agree with the traps, i was thinking like a rope noose laying on the ground, connected to a springy tree. When a wolf walks over it, it springs up, suspending the wolf in the air, so you can kill and gather. Ofcourse, this wouldn't work on bigger game, due to their weight.

As for taming wolves, this would reduce realism significantly,

seeing as it is nearly, or just plain impossible to tame wild animals.

Seeing as the game, at least mystery lake, is in canada, i dont think polar bears, seals, or walruses would be good, seeing as that place is nowhere near their natural habitat.

Spears is a good idea, several people have suggested this so far,

would love to see this implemented in the (near) future.

Actually, the concept of seals is fine. In Wales, where I live, the latitude is so that we get very infrequent snow, and yet we still have seals, so seals are possible in the northern canadian wilderness. Polar Bears and Walruses do live further north, however, but you do get some in the northern sections of the Hudson bay, I think.

Actually, the concept of seals is fine. In Wales, where I live, the latitude is so that we get very infrequent snow, and yet we still have seals, so seals are possible in the northern canadian wilderness. Polar Bears and Walruses do live further north, however, but you do get some in the northern sections of the Hudson bay, I think.

My comment was more for Mystery Lake, seeing as it is just a lake, without connection to open waters. I dont believe seals live in lakes :)

The other map could very well have seals in th, seeing as it has a massive water area, suggesting it is sea-adjacent.

The inland location of the mystery lake would be more conducive to the habitat of beavers. As I have said on previous posts, beavers are active throughout winter, as they do not hibernate, but instead spend a lot of time inside their dams, occasionally popping out to access shoots and saplings they have stored as food.

The inland location of the mystery lake would be more conducive to the habitat of beavers. As I have said on previous posts, beavers are active throughout winter, as they do not hibernate, but instead spend a lot of time inside their dams, occasionally popping out to access shoots and saplings they have stored as food.

But dont beavers usually build dams in flowing water streams, or am i just wildly misinformed?

They primarily build dams to back up water and create an environment they want. If that environment already exists then they don't need to build a dam.

Where they live is a beaver den which is separated from land for safety. The entrance to the den is underwater as a further safety measure.

It's possible to trap beaver anytime of the year as while they do have caches underwater, they usually need to supplement these during the winter. And beaver fur is amazing in cold weather.

Archived