Kinda a lot to list in the title

Wabbit Hunter

There are a few things i would love to see in an update, especially a game with as much potential as this.

i'd like to see a double-barrel 12 gauge shotgun. Double-barreled because it keeps it a bit more challenging and stressful.

with the shotgun i would love to see both bird shot and slugs. Buckshot would be OK, but i don't see much use in it given the game scenario. And speaking of weapons, i also think a recurve bow with craft-able arrows and a .44 magnum revolver would be a great addition to the game.you'll see why i'd want a 44 mag in a few lines.

An improved crafting system would be nice too. I can see the need for a table to craft fur goods, but not for tying a line to a hook. Be a bit more realistic with that, i mean come on. Not much to say about the repair system, it's pretty good.

a wider variety of wildlife, of course, would give a bit more depth to the game. Bears would add a bit more danger (which i'm pretty sure is what you're after) to the game, and so would moose. On the tamer side of nature, the addition of a kind of game bird, like grouse or pheasant, as well as beavers would add a bit more variety to hunting. Some forage-able berries would be nice, too.

Lastly, some miscellaneous crap; the number of things you can craft is a bit low. the ability to craft (or find) a bear trap and other steel traps would be nice. I mean, this is canada and you mean to tell me there are no steel traps?

obviously with new animals comes new clothing. some sort of hat, and a mid-layer or pants would be perfect.

Not much else to say. Hope you take note and i see some of these in the next update.

I agree with you on more wildlife, but beavers and bears would be hibernating during the winter season, so they probably wont make an appearance, and if they did they'd be quite sluggish. Moose I would love to see, as well as the small game you mentioned, as well as others. but not skunks. screw skunks.

As for weapons, I'm against adding multiple weapons as I like to keep the game fearful, if everyone was packing multiple weapons (a rifle, handgun, bow and shotgun) then you'd need way more ammo and a good chunk of the fear goes away. A wolf comes by, unload 2 weapons on it. Besides, one weapon with 30ish rounds, people tend to conserve ammo and not take risks. Handgun is only needed against people, and last I saw they were frozen. :D

The bow is something I've wanted to see, or any weapons wood based. Spear, bow, staff. Stuff you can realistically make with some degree of proficiency.

you make a good point on the hibernating animals, that hadn't considered that. and in terms of firearms, i was thinking that you would only be able to carry one,as there's already a single hotkey for firearms. and With larger aggressive game, like moose, there would definitely be a need for something bigger than a .303 British. plus, hunting game birds with a rifle is bloody near impossible.

EDIT: also, making slugs a bit of a rarity compared to birdshot would make it a bit more interesting too.

If only 1 weapon can be carried (to include inventory) at a time, then I can see the benefit of multiple weapons, just don't want to see someone going outside looking like they are about to invade a country.

A .303 to take down a moose, maybe if you hit the perfect shot, if not you've now got a pissed off 1200lbs beast who knows where you live. As for birds, yeah you got a definite point there lol.

Considering how much wolves there are on the ice in Coastal Highway, I think Rifle isn't even needed. More like, a machine gun with 100 bullets minimum.

I've stocked 3 freezers in Coastal Town with raw wolf meat and stocked a freezer on jackrabbit island with rabbit meat, but there's still like 20 wolves alive on the ice and an occasional one that shows their face in town and attacks me.

But, I'm all for conserving your ammo. Just that I'm also for the fact that if you put real effort into clearing a place of all animals, they shouldn't return the next day, walking over still-rotting corpses of their friends.

I'd love to see a knife mounted on a stick to act as a harpoon though. To catch fish in rivers or imaple wolves on.

Archived