A few suggestions...

Tacticus

Hello,

First things first, I just wanted to say thank you for this amazing game. I've been looking for a survival simulator for some time without zombies and other, annoying human players. I picked it up a few days ago and have been enjoying it ever since. Now that I've been playing for awhile though, I have a few small suggestions that I feel may improve the experience.

Before I start, I just wanted to say that these are only my opinion, and it's just what I feel would make the game better. I in no way am saying that there is anything "wrong" with the game as is, and I also understand that it is an alpha and that things are likely to change.

1. I, personally, feel that there are too many wolves. I find that I run into a wolf (or two) every 200-300 yards. It sort of ruins the experience for me. It's not that I mind the aggressive wildlife, but I think that it would be better if, instead of wolves being sprinkled all over the map in small packs of 1-2, there were larger packs that were spread further apart. I feel that this would be more realistic, and also more challenging for the player when one happens to stumble onto a pack. It ruins the atmosphere to me when I'm constantly running into wolves. With the addition of other dangerous wildlife in the future, I just think that if left the way it is, it would be far too much.

2. I'm not sure if this is already in the game or not, as I'm sure I haven't found every item in the game yet, but I think that a camping stove would be a brilliant addition to the game. It would function similarly to portable lantern, i.e. it would run off kerosene and you could place it. It would provide an alternative to making a fire, something that you could cook on without having to rely only on wood and matches. It would be especially useful when you find yourself indoors in places without a fireplace or wood-stove.

3. A larger axe, that not only could assist in foraging for wood, but could also be used like the pry bar, to force open locked doors. Could also potentially be a weapon of course.

That's it for the time being. Again, these are only suggestions, and I still love the game as is. Looking forward to future updates, and thanks again for the wonderful game.

-Chris.

Totally agree on the wolf thing.

Same here. While I love the wolf idea, there is nothing suckier than seeing 2-3 wolves between you and a cabin. I'd love the wolves to be limited in number, but more predator. There are many great ideas people have for the wolves, here is an example.

- 100% condition while walking or running during the day: they avoid you, will always attack if cornered or you approach their kill

- <50% condition during day, or any condition at dusk, dawn: they will stalk you and attack from behind/shadows

- <25% condition during day, or any condition at night: you are a walking meatstick to them.

Now I've got a personal gripe with wolves since every single sandbox I've played I only died by wolf attack. So much that when I got the gun the first thing I did was waste every single bullet I had shooting them out of spite.

Personally, I've always wanted wolves to group together to form packs, and be more sparsely distributed. so that a wolf pack appearing on the horizon would be something unusual and terrifying.

A wolf pack running across the ice would be a sure sign for me to go back into the cabin and take the day off. I saw one when snowshoeing with a group just north of Thunder Bay Ontario once, it was the only time our guide looked worried and took out his rifle. They were way down in a clearing running across a small pond, probably 9 or so, but they saw us and thats when the guide got nervous. They continued their travels and so did we, but the guide cut it short and we headed back.

Archived