Bunker

TheIncredibleHibby

I suppose I'll post this here since I don't think it could really go anywhere else.

Is it possible for a bunker's spawn location to change if you're still on a run from a previous version? Still going strong on my v170 run and I went to go relocate the bunker, which had spawned up in the top corner of the map from the clear cut area when I first started. I've searched that area up and down, left to right and I can no longer find the bunker there. I've checked out all the other known bunker locations too and either I'm blind, or it hasn't shown up anywhere else. This is confounding me since I'm trying to get the exploration game achievement...maybe I've inadvertently stumbled upon a bug? :?

Since you're playing from a previous version and a lot of the building assignments have changed, it's possible it's not a bug, but rather just being read as old data [like loot already found in old versions].

That's also why some old v.170 saves may not count towards the achievement [the devs will need to confirm if anyone has made the achievement with an old save or new update] as a lot of the settings and programming references have changed.

Hmm..Well, since I've been well off enough in this run anyway, I will happily volunteer to find out if this achievement will work on this old save or not. Really all I have left to visit are the cars in the highway (since I'm still not sure if the cars count as indoors or not) and the bunker on the lake...assuming I can actually find the bunker haha. If not, I'll just start a new game -- it's not the end of the world :)

Last night I've spend quite some time looking for the bunker. I'm also still on a v.170 save and I found the bunker before the updates. But I wasn't sure of the location anymore (been a few weeks) so in the end I checked all 9 locations. No bunker... Too bad, I still had 3 boxes of wood matches, simple tools several good clothes and a bunch of food there.

Oh dang...I think all I left in my bunker was a bunch of wood because I was already carrying as much as I could without being too badly encumbered, and wood isn't an essential carrying-around loot item since I can forage for the stuff practically anywhere I want. Well, it's at least comforting to know I'm not the only one with this, as it might actually save me some time trying to search again today. Now the ultimate question is, do I try to stick it out and last on this save for as long as I can, or do I just start over to experience the new loot items such as coffee.

Archived