Craftable pants and hat

elloco999

Big dittos on this. The lack of cloth to repair my remaining civilized clothes is going to cause real problems soon. I've grabbed every last sock off the Mystery Lake map and going to the other map again would cost me more wear and tear than the cloth would be worth. But leather and gut are renewable.

I think a buckskin shirt and pants with a rabbit fur hat would be perfectly appropriate. And stylish. But as noted maybe there are more critters coming to provide the new craftables.

I love playing with the Leafers when they come up from the big cities every fall:

Them: "So how do I go about seeing these Moose you hicks have up here? I've never seen one. Are they really that scary?"

Me: "Oh hell yes. They're like fifteen feet tall. Razor teeth as long as your index finger. They'll charge at the slightest provocation. Don't bother hiding in your car, they'll stamp it flat. Don't try and hide up a tree either. Usually they just reach right up and grab you but if they're feeling particularly ornery they'll knock the tree down with you in it."

Most get the joke after a moment. I've had some though.....no offense to you city-folk but take a couple of trips to the damned woods every so often.

I live in the country in the UK, so I can honestly say, despite my many trips to the woods, I have never seen a moose. Or deer for that matter. Foxes, yes. Badgers, definitely, but aside from Cattle, Sheep and Horses, I haven't seen anything larger than a dog. Which is a shame, because moose and whatnot look fascinating.

I live in the country in the UK, so I can honestly say, despite my many trips to the woods, I have never seen a moose. Or deer for that matter. Foxes, yes. Badgers, definitely, but aside from Cattle, Sheep and Horses, I haven't seen anything larger than a dog. Which is a shame, because moose and whatnot look fascinating.

They're like fifteen feet tall. Razor teeth as long as your index finger. They'll charge at the slightest provocation. Don't bother hiding in your car, they'll stamp it flat. Don't try and hide up a tree either. Usually they just reach right up and grab you but if they're feeling particularly ornery they'll knock the tree down with you in it.

you do NOT want to hunt moose. they are the most dangerous animal in Alaska.

Yes, they are absolutely terrifying, did you know they eat people:

PageFiles-1575-ImageGallery-millest_moosefarm.jpg

:)

LOL They don't eat you, they just knock you down and tap dance on you if they feel even remotely threatened. Their coat is thick enough that it is good protection from many weapons.

you do NOT want to hunt moose. they are the most dangerous animal in Alaska.

Yes, they are absolutely terrifying, did you know they eat people:

PageFiles-1575-ImageGallery-millest_moosefarm.jpg

:)

LOL They don't eat you, they just knock you down and tap dance on you if they feel even remotely threatened. Their coat is thick enough that it is good protection from many weapons.

Ow, so the moose in the picture is asking the lady to dance, not trying to eat her :lol:

It would be funny though, first time you encounter a moose in TLD, you try to scare it towards a wolf, like you would a deer... Instead of taking of in the intended direction, it comes charging right at you! :twisted:

The terrifying thing about hunting moose is realizing how much damned meat you have to haul out of whatever crud hole the animal died in. The old saying is that no matter what you shoot a moose with, it takes it about a minute to die. And it will always find the worst spot.

Archived