Question...

Lukemister11

I was reading "About the Game" on the "Into the long dark" site and it said this:

"The Long Dark - Early Access Edition also includes access to the full retail game on release, which includes all Season One episodes for the game’s Story mode, and will be available on Windows, Mac, and Linux in both Steam and DRM-free versions."

My question is this: If you guys make a season 2 of episodes of the story, will we have to purchase it or will it come free of charge?

Feedback by a member of the Hinterland team will be much appreciated and any feedback by a player is also appreciated.

-Luke

This probably isn't a question for the How do I play forum so it'll likely be moved, just FYI.

Just guessing here, as to your question, but I would assume it's going to take kind of the same path as The Walking Dead games by Telltale where Season 1 is a complete game and Season 2 will be, at least to some extent, a sequel. If that is the case, no, the 20 dollars for early access would not get Season 2. Since they specify that early access will get you Season 1, I think it's safe to say that whatever the case may be for how the seasons work, you won't get Season 2.

This probably isn't a question for the How do I play forum so it'll likely be moved, just FYI.

Just guessing here, as to your question, but I would assume it's going to take kind of the same path as The Walking Dead games by Telltale where Season 1 is a complete game and Season 2 will be, at least to some extent, a sequel. If that is the case, no, the 20 dollars for early access would not get Season 2. Since they specify that early access will get you Season 1, I think it's safe to say that whatever the case may be for how the seasons work, you won't get Season 2.

If that is true then I dont feel quite comfortable giving my 20 bucks some time ago, since now the game has 13 on Steam.

If they are about to create DLC's which I dont think so, then at least for the backers they should provide some extra content.

I was reading "About the Game" on the "Into the long dark" site and it said this:

"The Long Dark - Early Access Edition also includes access to the full retail game on release, which includes all Season One episodes for the game’s Story mode, and will be available on Windows, Mac, and Linux in both Steam and DRM-free versions."

My question is this: If you guys make a season 2 of episodes of the story, will we have to purchase it or will it come free of charge?

All season one [which takes place in Winter] refers to all the content, including the full story mode (inc. chapters, episodes, etc.), for The Long Dark.

Season Two would be the sequel game (i.e. The Long Dark 2) if there has been enough interest in the first game. Each subsequent "Season" [sequel] covers the continuing story lines, plot lines, characters, etc. for subsequent seasons (spring, summer, fall), and each of those sequels would be stand alone games.

All season one [which takes place in Winter] refers to all the content, including the full story mode (inc. chapters, episodes, etc.), for The Long Dark.

Season Two would be the sequel game (i.e. The Long Dark 2) if there has been enough interest in the first game. Each subsequent "Season" [sequel] covers the continuing story lines, plot lines, characters, etc. for subsequent seasons (spring, summer, fall, and each of those sequels would be stand alone games.

Thanks for the feedback!

Archived