Item re-spawn and items degradation

Jbronco

Hello all i had a question about item respawn. Will locations start to respwan items after a preset amount of time? im just wondering this for a few reasons. If not id prefer to leave items where i find them, gives me something to do between hunting/fishing days. also it will determine how i set up my home base.

Also how concerned should i be about my items degrading? Ive heard alot here about taking cloths off for the night or when fishing, or storing items in draws and cabinets rather than dropping them on the floor. when does this become a concern?

There is no respawn, santa doesn't come to replace the items. :-)

Everything degrades, clothing worn degrades faster than clothing not worn. It's placement doesn't matter (Bag, cabinet, floor, etc.) only whether it's in use.

how concerned should i be about this? currently ive only lasted 15 days at the most (stupid mistakes get me killed) so when my clothes get down to about 85% after the five day mark usually, i repair it all and my sewing kit (1 out of 6) is at about 65%-45%. im guessing for the long haul, 100+ days i should be concerned?

My longest run was 154 days and I still had plenty of clothes and 30 cloth left. But I don't repair my clothes before the amount repaired no longer reaches 100% after the repair. So if say a wool sweater is repaired for 25% with each repair, I wait until it has dropped to 75% before repairing it so not to waste cloth.

My longest run was 154 days and I still had plenty of clothes and 30 cloth left. But I don't repair my clothes before the amount repaired no longer reaches 100% after the repair. So if say a wool sweater is repaired for 25% with each repair, I wait until it has dropped to 75% before repairing it so not to waste cloth.

do you store your cloths during sleep and or waiting around indoors?

Tried that once but found that way to much work given how you have click the wear button for each piece of clothing to put it back on. Also, if you take off all your clothes, you may freeze while sleeping. The bed doesn't provide any warmth. So you need to wear enough clothes to provide +1C (to not get colder) or +2C (to warm up).

So no, then I keep my clothes on when I sleep. Only if I know I will be inside for days on end I might take some clothes off and store them, but that only happens very sporadically and I usually don't bother with it even then.

Archived