"Cheat" codes

themole4

Well that sounds a bit silly, all the trainers are named "The Long Dark Trainer" too.

If the "hack/cheat" would be renamed as Robert, I still doubt that we could talk about it.

True, reading the guidelines, while a bit unclear, it seems there is no way to talk about it without getting into trouble.

In the future, all links and discussions that refer to specific trainers (which are hacking the console code and are therefore cheating) will continue to be removed. The posts I removed were all related to another post that specifically gave the name of a trainer. This extends to listing specific steps to hack or cheat your way around game mechanics.

I'm sorry if you don't like it, I'm sorry if you think it's silly, but this is a small part of the forum guidelines everyone has to abide by in order to participate in discussion. It's not up for debate and it's really not asking a lot, to be honest. Attempting to circumvent these guidelines after multiple warnings and requests will earn a ban.

Feel free to continue these discussions in private messages.

I don't think that it's silly that talking about cheating is forbidden, but i think that it's silly that my post was considered to refer to certain super granola bar. The name I gave is just as broad as trainer. The super granola bar I was referring to is not a trainer, it does not alter the memory of the game and it does not alter the actual game files, it only edits player's save file.

But my bad, I won't do it again.

In the future, all links and discussions that refer to specific trainers (which are hacking the console code and are therefore cheating) will continue to be removed. The posts I removed were all related to another post that specifically gave the name of a trainer. This extends to listing specific steps to hack or cheat your way around game mechanics.

I'm sorry if you don't like it, I'm sorry if you think it's silly, but this is a small part of the forum guidelines everyone has to abide by in order to participate in discussion. It's not up for debate and it's really not asking a lot, to be honest. Attempting to circumvent these guidelines after multiple warnings and requests will earn a ban.

Feel free to continue these discussions in private messages.

Well, as a mod, I suppose this may be a moot point, but, i'll give it a go.

1. we were discussing save game editors, which are very different from trainers. In addition no one was giving step to step instructions. Its almost if you are enforcing the rules in a way we shouldnt even acknowledge these things exist , which is silly. Which is why I made a point of requesting either a dev console or modding support which I feel would eliminate need for such things.

2. I understand there can be misunderstandings in text communication, but the second part of what you are saying comes off as very "deal with it" type of mindset. I get that its a rule and you need to enforce that. I'm just saying I dont see anything wrong with a civil discussion. Really, it seemed most of the post were us as a community trying to find out what is acceptable since the guidelines are not very clear. I dont feel anyone was being rude.

Just my opinion, hope it helps in the future. I'm excited to see where this game goes.

Archived