(Achievement) Night Walker

Incariuz

Some people have gotten this one, I just tried for it, was outdoors for 25 hours straight and didn't get it. Curious if anyone has any insight on how this one works? Are we not allowed to sleep or?

Edit: I tried for a different time frame to see if perhaps that was the issue, but have spent approx 66 hours outside without entering a single building (including the hunting post and fishing huts), stayed awake one night from 6pm to 8am and still nothing. I did forage for wood once at night, and boil some water, I have no idea if that may have cancelled the achievement. In the process of this I accidentally set myself on fire, ruined half my clothes, and almost froze to death 2 times because of storms that wouldn't let me keep a fire going. Not going to report this as a bug until I get feedback from players who have gotten the achievement.

I'm gearing up to hide off the beaten track with a fire all night, to test that method... I'd assume that "night" is from the dusk that has a music accompanyment and triggers the player to say "looks like dusk is here... night can't be far behind," to dawn where the player sometimes says "looks like I've survived another night." I think that's about... 18:00-8:00?

Going to have to test some sleeping/not sleeping variables, etc, I guess.The achievement is "Night Walker," so...

If that's the case, could be why it didn't work for me. I went from 18:30 roughly till 20:00 the following day (figured it would probably be 20:00 to 8:00, then when it didn't work assumed maybe it had to be a 24 hour thing). Had to give up at that point though, didn't have enough matches on me and was freezing to death. I'll give it another go in a few to see if the 18:00 - 8:00 works.

went from 14:00 - 18:00 (28 hours) the following day so far and nothing so guessing I have to be awake through the night. Gonna try now.

Edit: Ok well at this point I don't know if it's bugged for me or what so I'll wait for opinions/feedback from people who've gotten it. I've now been outside without entering any buildings for 66 game hours. Slept one night, stayed awake the other, and still nothing.

• 1 year later...

Archived