Water Bottles

brucen

Hello to one and all

How about Water bottles

They could be found and then carried around by one, to be filled by boiling water

then, when empty continue to carry until they can be filled again by boiling water

or (maybe later) by catching water from the waterfalls! Or standing on land near thin ice

The more bottles one has the more water one can carry!

So if one drops the bottles no water.

Regards to all and enjoy

To clarify that I have understood you correctly, are you suggesting a tool of sorts which is required in order to store water, with a limited capacity? If so, I think that it would probably be necessary for the player to begin with at least one of these bottles. Otherwise the game would have to rely solely on the player finding the water bottles that currently exist in the game in order to survive, which seems a little harsh.

Hello to one and all

My idea was that having found a bottle when the water had been drunk that instead of the bottle disappearing, that in would be carried until such times as it could be refilled.

By melting snow, holding under a waterfall, standing on dry land near thin ice, the toilets and the fishing holes.

This water gathers this way could be unsafe therefore would need to be boiled to make portable.

(aemaccoll) As for being harsh I have started the game 10 times and each time I spawned without food or drink

Regards to all and enjoy

I would suggest that different sort of containers be added, so bottles, water bladders and water jerry cans. This is more realistic than the metaphysical bottles that phase into existence when needed. When you melt snow, what can store is stored. Excess would remain in a pan on the stove, where it remains potable for 4 hours before becoming non potable (contamination from open air)

I think that old milk jugs in both the 2 liter(1/2 gallon-ish) and 4 liter (gallon-ish) should be usable to hold water. Then you could use some gut to tie them to your pack. I know we don't want the capacity management for this bag of holding style pack to come into play but I think forcing us to manage water based on the containers we have for it would be pretty cool.

Archived