Some News On The Next Nov 2014 Update!

Raphael van Lierop

• Hinterland

Hello all,

Just a quick heads up to let you all know that the next update to The Long Dark Sandbox Alpha will be launching this week. The update has had several rounds of testing and is undergoing some more tuning and bug fixes, so it should be ready to go by the end of the week (PST).

As always, we'll post complete release notes with the update.

***IMPORTANT NOTE ON SAVES***

Due to some of the changes we've made in this update, all current Save Games will be rendered invalid. So, if you are in the middle of a long playthrough, you may want to either wrap it up soon, or disable Steam auto-updates for The Long Dark so that your current save isn't invalidated.

Stay tuned and keep your eyes open for the update!

Hi Raphael,

Thanks a lot for the heads up! Unfortunately I can't find a way to disable the auto-update in Steam. Any idea how to prevent the patch when starting the game the next time after it has been made available?

Usually I would be happy to try the latest improvements, but I'm in my very first run and at day 40 and I would like to see how far I can make it.

Thanks for the news!

No way to disable steam updates:

3 options only:

- Keep the game updated (default)

- Update the game only when launched

- Keep the game updated and prioritize it in the download queue.

I think that the only option for not update the game will be the 2nd "Update the game only when launched" but only if playing offline...

Anxiously awaiting the new update, can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us this time.

Not so happy with the news about the savegame though. Not that I blame you or anything, but you've spoiled us with the previous updates :P I was expecting to be able to continue my game this time as well, so I've spend the last 10 days to prepare my base so I can check out the new update leisurely. I've got supplies stored to last me a very long time and now it's all for nothing... Well, that's the risk of playing a game that still in alpha. And honestly, starting over isn't that bad :)

Anxiously awaiting the new update, can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us this time.

Not so happy with the news about the savegame though. Not that I blame you or anything, but you've spoiled us with the previous updates :P I was expecting to be able to continue my game this time as well, so I've spend the last 10 days to prepare my base so I can check out the new update leisurely. I've got supplies stored to last me a very long time and now it's all for nothing... Well, that's the risk of playing a game that still in alpha. And honestly, starting over isn't that bad :)

A fresh start to a new day to better prepare us for the long dark ahead!

Archived