Help an Awesome Documentary Get Made

RJIII

Hey Hinterlanders,

I posted this in the non-backers "Off Topic" section but I wanted to bring special attention to those who have backed the Long Dark. I pre-apologize if its a little spamy but these 2 posts will be the only ones I make on this subject. I wanted to bring to you the chance to help my sister make a documentary on the amazing filmmaker Hal Ashby. I'm not bringing this here because it has to do with survival or gaming but because you all have been part of a successful Kickstarter program. This is on IndieGoGo which is focused on films and I would appreciate anyone who follows the link below to learn more:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/once-i-was-the-hal-ashby-story

Hal Ashby was hugely influential in both my sister and I's artistic perspective and my sister has been fortunate enough to be a part of the team making the documentary. Similar to the Long Dark they have some pretty big names in film which makes this a really exciting and viable crowd funding project. Below is a link to his IMDB page for you to get more familiar:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000797/

A little bit about my sisters involvement, my sister is a profession archivist who specializes in popular culture. About a year ago she moved to LA to get out of the stinky basements of university libraries and give it a shot working on documentaries in Hollywood. She is a ridiculously hard worker and it has paid off, she started as an unpaid researcher and has been kicked up the stairs to associate producer. I am so incredibly proud of her and want to support her in any way I can.

I hope this finds you all well and look forward to your comments:

[bBvideo 560,340:1cdzpt19]

[/bBvideo]

Sorry man, but I think it inappropriate to post such thing on The Long Dark - General Discussion -board. As this is meant for general discussion regarding The Long Dark. You could just bump the old thread on Off Topic section.

I'm not saying it's a bad doc and no way am trying to offend the makers (or you), but it's just my opinion that this doesn't belong here.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived