Wolves barking? Real wolves do not bark!

xman1

"Barking has a fundamental frequency between 320–904 Hz,[60] and is usually emitted by startled wolves. Wolves do not bark as loudly or continuously as dogs do, but bark a few times and retreat from perceived danger." This is from Wikipedia.

In the zoo - as a learned behavior that is not natural.

In the wild, I have wolves around my cabin and no they do not bark. At least if they did, I have never heard it.

just cause you've never heard it doesn't mean they don't

its like saying youve never seen china, therefore the country does not exist

Don't imply what I know and don't know. Yes i do know that wolves do not bark. They will make a yap to communicate with other wolves, but that is it. It is a type of bark, but it is far different from a dog so I would not classify it as a bark and the wolves in this game imitate dogs in their barks. Growls are how they would deal with an intruder. Howls are used for long distance communication.

Go watch a nature show on wolves if you want to see for yourself. They do not bark in the wild - ever! They will make a yap like sound to communicate only.

I have read a book on them and they will learn to bark in captivity as a learned behavior. This is why I mentioned that.

Another note - this is why one should never buy a wolf hybrid dog. Like a wolf, they will almost never warn with any type of noise before they attack a human. They also have a habit of killing their masters. They have a wolves predatory instincts mixed with a dogs aggression. A very bad combo if I might say so.

-X

Don't imply what I know and don't know. Yes i do know that wolves do not bark. They will make a yap to communicate with other wolves, but that is it. It is a type of bark, but it is far different from a dog so I would not classify it as a bark and the wolves in this game imitate dogs in their barks. Growls are how they would deal with an intruder. Howls are used for long distance communication.

Go watch a nature show on wolves if you want to see for yourself. They do not bark in the wild - ever! They will make a yap like sound to communicate only.

I have read a book on them and they will learn to bark in captivity as a learned behavior. This is why I mentioned that.

Another note - this is why one should never buy a wolf hybrid dog. Like a wolf, they will almost never warn with any type of noise before they attack a human. They also have a habit of killing their masters. They have a wolves predatory instincts mixed with a dogs aggression. A very bad combo if I might say so.

-X

love the attitude :lol:

http://www.answers.com/Q/Can_wolves_bark

hey i can be hostile too

educate yourself fool

P.S. yes it doesnt exactly like a dog bark but ill rather see the devs focus their attention on improving the game rather than changing something that doesnt need it at all

Archived