Where to find Axe/Hatchet or Pry Bar in Coastal Highway?

kaiserlich

I have been playing for about 10 hours the map Coastal Highway and i'm unable to find a Pry Bar to open locked cabinets or Axe/Hatchet to get wood. I also have found only about 2 kg of metal crap. Did you find these tools? Where? Many thanks in advance! Especially i'm running out of wood hurts me...

Thanks so far!

I had no pry bar at the gas station. Where else could it be?

I can't harvest wood with my bare hands (only getting tinder plug) - so why don't i need a hatchet?

I have also visited the houses with the sitting man on the attic, but so far no luck. The search will have to be continued...

Now i found the hatchet! At the waterfront cottages with the attic with no man sitting there, but at the place he would sit - there was it :) Don't know how i could overlook that the first time... Thank you Burning Bridges!

To the pry bar - in the gas station there are two locked cabinets - may be the pry bar are inside :lol:

I have now a hatchet and i cant harvest wood too. I only get tinder plug. I have tried 10 times with hand and 10 times with the hatchet out side the house (just outside the door) and 5 times in the forest always getting tinder plug. I have now around 100 tinder plug but no fire wood. What do i do wrong?

Who can read is definitely in the advantage ;) Thanks again Burning Bridges. Now i can make fire :D

I think i have to visit Mystery lake as i cannot find the pry bar in the gas station, i searched it many times now and either i'm blind or there's just no pry bar - i search in the forest for houses i didn't visit yet too (when i find them)

;)

my general advice: don't dismiss information too quickly, use your lantern, look into corners, there is a lot of stuff that you miss.

You can either ask for tips where to look for the prybar or look for it yourself. I would suggest you do the latter. I think I found 7 or 8 prybars in Mystery Lake, though that was still with the 138 version.

Just to clarify: I didn't dismiss - as i said i went twice looking again because you said so :) But i just didn't find it. I did find some more metal crap that i left behind when i was visiting it first. And of course i have used the lantern to look into all the corners as the gas station is very dark too. I remember finding a lot of pry bars in mystery lake so that's for sure the main option, eventhough it means to me to move out of the current "save place" that i have created. But that's all about in this game, to explore and survive i guess. So i thank you again.

Yes right i was in the dam. And yes there i found another rifle and a view bullets too. I would have had already one, but i had left it at my "save" house (i found it at the abandoned lookout on coastal). And also this one i have left it there to take home later. As i have enough food currently i try not to carry it with me and just avoid those wolves because i want to get as much useful stuff i can. So far i was always lucky as i mostly find them close to houses or hunting rabbits or deers. The only thing i'm currently worried that i only have one bandage and i just don't remember where i put the rest. Anyway i hope i will find some more in Mystery Lake.

Thanks a lot to all for the hints! I'm currently making great progress on everything :D

I have enough bandages now, i'm still with the first bottle of antiseptics (i need to count how many litres i have in total back home) so i don't worry fighting some wolve with my knife in the hand. I currently have only used one bullet on a wolve and found 3 rifles.

Lucky way to get food: When i was walking to the trappers homestad a wolf was just hunting a deer and i wanted to go quickly inside the house to get the rifle for the wolve. When i was stepping outside the fluffy was gone. And i could take all meet of the deer for free. Thanks fluffy!

I was looking around at Trappers Homestad to find a place to use the trap for rabbits, but i couldn't find any rabbits around. I guess i have to go back to the Coastal Highway map soon to open up all (i think 3) locked lockers and to use this trap for the first time. I hope it works.

Archived